Update on my Chris Reeve Sebenza.

I initially complained that the opening was rough. I applied a little bit of the Chris Reeve fluorinated grease, opened and closed it a few hundred times, and it's getting into a nice groove.

Still not sure it was worth $350, but nice knife.

Incidentally, after a 5 year wait, I just got my Randall Model 5. Beautiful knife. Atrociously dull, but I can fix that. I placed an order for a Model 1, which I'll get in another 5 years.

Anyone have experience with Esee knives? I'm thinking the Izula may be my next purchase.

I am a huge fan of ESEE knives! Go on the ESEE forum and you'll learn a TON and not about their knives.

Look on usamadeblade.com for some good deals on them too (pretty sure tax and shipping is included in their price)

The Izula is a great knife. I've got one and you literally can shave with it after several weeks of use. ESEE's hold an edge unbelievably.

Here's a pic of a couple ESEEs I have:

8d748ab5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I've been carrying a Kershaw Chill

Extremely light, surprisingly sharp and handles well for a budget knife.

The 25$ price point is nice, since I tend to destroy knives pretty quickly

My new favorite also....that is until I lose it.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn33/iandh27/chill/chill002.jpg

My ZT-0777-M390 (preordered in April 2011)... arrived this week. (Really. I had almost given up.) I'm almost glad that ZT couldn't mass-produce the damascus and steel combo blade like the initial design, and had to replace it with the all M390 steel blade. If it was the original, then I'd never carry or use this knife, which would be a shame.

It's been my go-to since it's shown up. It's bigger than my usual carry (XM-18 3" or Strider PT-CC)... but it's lighter than both and rides nice in work slacks, even suit pants. (Attributed to the sculpted fully carbon fiber front and rear scales. If there is an inner steel/Ti/whatever liner, which I can't see, it's very minimal. It seems to be only/mostly the CF.)

While the blade has a thick spine... I feel the blade on my XM is much stronger do to the shape of the grind... but the 0777 is scalpel sharp... and the pseudo-warnclife grind is just right for most everyday tasks. The replaceable lock face on the lock bar is a nifty feature... but in all my years of owning and using framelocks... not a one has worn out so badly that it needed to be replaced so this, while nice, is kinda gimmicky.

Also, due to the construction of the scales... I would NOT consider this a hard use knife. (CF scales only to support the pivot? Any torsion at the pivot and it'll most likely give.) It's a much more "social" piece. It will never replace my XM as my "if I had only 1..." 

However... for those of us who fly/drive a desk everyday (that's me!) it works well. Isn't too flashy, not too scary, not heavy... looks great.

I'll try to get pics later.

Finally got my new blade... The SOG Flashback Black Tini Blade... Lifetime Warranty... They say it's the fastest assisted opening there is and I don't doubt it. Super sharp like a razor. Cut myself a couple times already doing a light drag test. I shaved all the hair off my hand... So I can confirm it's super sharp... ;)Suggested retail... $115.... Amazon for $68 for this variant.... http://www.sogknives.com/flashback-413.html

post-5135-138333002288_thumb.jpg

post-5135-138333003443_thumb.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJBFj6LdNxI

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk 2 Pro

I've been carrying the smaller Kershaw OD-2 for the last month or so and really love it.  Don't even know that it's clipped to my pocket.  It's the 2nd one from the bottom.  In addition, you really can't beat the price either.  If it get lost or broken, just buy a new one.

CIMG2064_zps85835eaa.jpg

CIMG2065_zps9064652d.jpg

Just picked this up for the Christmas season, seeing as I have a legitimate use for this knife and it conceals decently it might make it into the Edc rotation. It's s crkt m16 with tanto blade,veff serations and g10 scales, it was supposed to be a desert tan m21 spear point but they fffffed up the order do I got this and don't quite feel like going thru the exchange hassle. Anyway it's sharp as hell and the feels amazing in the hand. Here's a pic with my new edc light a foursevens quark 780lumen variant(which is amazing)

Posted Image

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

For a long long time I carried a Leatherman on a daily basis.  Always came in handy with the multitude of tools, because something always needed fixing, opening or building.  Nowadays in the office you're not allowed to fix anything, gotta call building services for that.......... but I still get some care packages and boxes to open in my 'cube so its nice to have a blade.  This collection only started about a month ago.  I'll post up a review in another thread when I have some more time.

Kershaw Cyro-2

Kershaw Blur S30V

Kershaw Blur Tanto Tactical

EDC1_zps268526c9.jpg

EDC2_zps5c275cf5.jpg

EDC3_zps2724b02b.jpg

Ive added a Spyderco resiliance and Dendra Deer Hunter to my already huge pile of edc knives.  The Dendra is made by lion steel and is a beast, reminds me of a jacked up version of the ZT 0200.  It has D2 steel and its alittle heavy, but worth its weight in gold.  It seems indestructable.