I'm a Kershaw guy, always used them and for the price I think you can't beat em.  Recently picked up a straight edge scallion in stainless finish, and a 1/3 serrated Scallion in black finish for $35 each shipped.They arrived at the house and the gf freaked out.  Xmas brought me a Kershaw Blur courstey of her lol.  

I really like the Tenacious also.  I have been carrying it for a year or so now.  Light and easy to carry, easy to deploy and feels/fits good in the hand.  and very sharp.

I have not tried to escape from a vehicle with it yet, but it feels like it is heavy enough to shatter the window with a good, hard rap or two if necessary.

I've been switching back and forth between my Spyderco Dragonfly-2 and my Kershaw OD-2.  My DF-2 is of the FRN variety.  I just got the G10 version for Christmas and expect to be getting a new Spyderco Chaparral very shortly.  My hope is that the Chaparral will replace the DF-2 and OD-2 as my EDC knife.

My top choices are a Kershaw Blur S30V, or on a budget an Ontario RAT 1 folder.  I have a SOG Microdot, too.  The Leatherman Squirt is also very nice on a key chain to compliment any choices.  And, when wearing a jacket, its nice to toss a Leatherman Wingman in the pocket.  I find it a toss up between the Rebar and the Wingman.  Rebar has more blades and saw and I think file, while the Wingman has scissors and you can open blade when closed.  My favorite is the Wave, but its a little too big to carry, even in a jacket pocket.   For  a very nice budget knife, order a Kershaw Crown (about $5-$10 on Amazon).  .  It is very nice for what it is, though a bit heavy... I still like it and find it is nicer to carry sometimes instead of the larger folding knives.  There is a smaller Crown II which would also be nice if one could find one.  Walmart had them on clearance for $10 with attractive blue Micarta handles. 

If you want a EDC fixed blade knife, check out the Ontario RAT 3 or a Becker BK14 / BK24. 

Here lately I've been carrying an Ontario Joe Pardue Utilitac II.
I continue to be impressed with this knife. In fact, I bought 2 more, one for my hunting kit, and another for my buddy, who sorely needs a EDC knife.

$30 on Amazon.
Incredible knife for the $.

• Like 1

The Utilitac looks pretty sweet if you like Tanto blades.  I would rather have a clip point.

I just ordered a discontinued H&K Blitz (Benchmade). 154cm steel and G10 handle with titanium liners. Only 2.7oz. I can't wait for it to arrive! 9aqypede.jpg

Man, that reminds me of my old favorite AFCK in a way.

Got to keep an eye open for it and see if I can snag it.

Lots of the ergos a very similar.

Nice knife.