Currently carry a Kershaw Leek orange but I have a Benchmade mini griptilian black ordered from knives ship free. The free shipping is very slow however from Oregon to NJ. Probably due mostly to the USPS standard shipping. I should have upgraded for the $5.

My EDC recently became a Buck 55.  Man I love this little knife.  Came shave sharp out of the box, and after two months of solid use, I just freshened up the edge and got it back to shaving sharp with about 12 passes on the fine side of my trip-hone sharpening system and a couple swipes across a strop.  I have a little leather sheath for it that clips on my belt, but when wearing jeans it fits nicely in the 5th pocket.

Prior to that I had been carrying a CRKT Kasper for about 6 years, and a CRKT point guard before that.  When I am in the woods I either take my Buck 110 or one of my Mora Knives (sharpest carbon blades I have found and they cost under $20 - awesome for bushcraft).   

Benchmade 940

Just picked up a 940 and it has become my favorite knife. The aluminum coating just sticks to your hands so well and the blade configuration is perfect. Disappears in my pocket. I rotate between a ZT350, Sage III Carbon and Griptilian, the 940 just took top spot.

post-3162-0-69092500-1436709702_thumb.jpg

Buck Stockman for me. I have a black handle and a rosewood one. These things are tough as nails and I use them hard as a machinist. US made Buck knives are among the best at holding an edge, a little tough to sharpen by hand, seeing as I have the machine shop at my disposal (I own it) its rare that I do any more than pass it over a steel by hand.

Curious what most of you use to sharpen. I have a slow speed 1"x42" belt that I use with worn 320gr. Shapes it and gets it PDS. If I need it sharper I hit it with a scotchbright EXL wheel then a steel to finish. That makes it shaving sharp. If Im not at the shop I use the Lansky diamond and a steel to get me by.

I am really into knives. I have tried different ones and always seem to come back to Kershaw. Right now I carry a straight edge Kershaw compound. I dont believe they make them anymore. Sometimes a carry a knife on my weak side as well.

imagesCATYP0AE_zps99919bcb.jpg

I have a Kershaw whirlwind I think it is and its one of the quickest spring assist I have ever seen. It is really almost auto fast!

So... I got this Benchmade Adamas in the mail today. My jaw just about bounced off the floor. It is extremely beefy! And I mean extremely! One of the nicest, most hardcore folders I ever laid my hands on. I will update after I start using it. Super happy and just might be the best buck fiddy I ever spent!

I almost want to say the Spyderco Millie is a joke compared to this upon first sight.....

For this xmas season (I sell trees and do setups) I wanted a new rapidly deployable knife for when I'm up on a ladder or have a tree in my hands. The winner was the new emerson rangemaster sheepdog with three separate openers the wave, the thumb disc and brand new flipper. This thing is a beast and whips out so fast when you need it or you can use the flipper if I'm not trying to "intimidate" a customer.

Posted Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk