Sign in to follow this  
stevenschaffer

wasr 10 price check?

Well it's not that far off once you factor in compliance work ~$80, shipping $25, transfer fee ~$40, that's almost $150 just there. So take a $600 rifle online and by the time you go through all the work and time of doing everything, your at $750. If it needs to be NJ legalized, check out Jet Agent, they do great work! Also, everyone tends to say they bought this gun for this price 2 years ago...that's not really relevant today IMO. They run in the $600 range now plus transfer/compliance.

If it was a private transfer and it's in good condition, I'd pay it. You bypass an FFL and have it in your hand immediately ready to shoot.

I actually may be putting one up for sale if you're interested..

Blake I will take it, :D

If I still had it I would sell it to you!  After buying some other rifle's I realized AK's just aren't my thing so I sold it along with all my 7.62 ammo.  

I did however recently play with an Arsenal and it made me reconsider getting another one.  The fit an finish was far and away better than my WASR, but they also go for 4x what I paid for it, or 2X what they are worth now.  

Personally I would rather pay more for quality and if I was in the market would rather drop the 1000-1200 for an Arsenal than pay the 600-800 for a WASR.  Just my opinion though.  

Just be careful with WASR's online. You're not able to inspect them like you are privately or at a gunshop.

I was at my local FFL a few weeks ago and he got 3 Wasr's in. One had a pretty bad canted FSB and another had horrible mag wobble. The third had no issues. I wouldn't hesitate to buy higher quality AK's online as most don't have problems (Interarms, Waffen, Arsenal, etc) but it's obvious Century is still putting out some crap every now and then.

Yea my wasr isn't the prettiest thing in the world but I'm sure it's reliable as hell.  My FSB is slightly canted, but then again don't most wasrs have slightly canted sights or gas blocks?

I noticed magazine wobble on certain mags at my FFL.  Tapco mags as well as russian bakelite mags didn't wobble at all and fit very well.  Bulgarian (or were they romanian?) steel mags had some moderate wobble to them but it wasn't terrible.  I wouldn't be so worried about side to side movement as much as front to back.

IMHO this is the best deal out there right now. Getting great reviews on the akfiles forum.

http://www.jgsales.com/cai-yugo-akm-47-o-pap-opap-m70-rifle,-7.62x39-cal,-with-pistol-grip-and-wood-stock.-**-sale-**-p-60085.html

Is it true that some yugo AKs had feeding issues because the bolt was designed for the single stack mag?

I considered this model as well but didn't like that a lot of parts werent swappable as to being yugo specific

Is it true that some yugo AKs had feeding issues because the bolt was designed for the single stack mag?

I considered this model as well but didn't like that a lot of parts werent swappable as to being yugo specific

There were issues with the early iterations. The version being offered is the o-pap which has the correct bolt for double stack mags.

Read through this thread. They have the correct front trunnion too. Completely manufactured in Serbia. http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152656