Sign in to follow this  
Dave_D

M&P Sight Install Help

So, over the last few weeks I've been doing some work on my M&P 9. Ordered and installed the Apex kit which required me to remove the rear sight. And ordered and installed a HiViz front sight.

Problem is, I did all this with just a punch and after heading back to the range after the changes I'm pretty sure the sights are off. I'm thinking of replacing the sights again with night sights anyway which brings me to my point...

Anyone know of a shop in North Jersey that carries M&P sights or would be willing to install and zero a set I order online? Figure a LGS will have a sight pusher and bore sighter or some way to make sure the sights are set properly.

For those who install their own sites, how do you make the fine adjustments? Banging at it with a punch doesn't seem ideal.

With a sight pusher or aluminum punch made to fit your site. if your rear sight is non adjustable only by drift this is a hard task at the range, if you have to make those adjustments by drift at the range remove your slide to work on it...If you cannot do it at the range unfortunately you will have to make several trips to zero your gun..

somewhere in gunsmithing is a thread that i posted of fitting front site on my kimber and pics of a punch i made.. 

I think most guys put a piece of tape on the slide with some witness marks on it so when you are slamming it back in you have a reference

And do guys use bore sites in pistols? I figured you just start firing to test it. It's only 10 20 yards tops no?