JayM26

Do I really need to wait 6 months for my FID and P2P?

Yea man 4+ months but I was told all my stuff was sent up to the "firearms unit" on 8/13. Can't imagine it taking much longer but two things are getting real freakin old ..1)staring at upper recievers on my bench 2) my taurus 809 sitting at an FFL....

Oh well..we all stay positive man!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Well at least the good thing is that the wait allowed us both to do all our research. I bought everything already but my guns and those are picked out and just a matter of where I will be buying. A Glock 21 and a Sig P226 Elite Stainless 9mm. I have everything from targets to range bag and everything in between LOL! I am already prepared to do the trigger job on the G21 PLUS am sending it out to get the slide polished to gunmetal finish with the barrel chrome polished :icon_e_biggrin:

The fun part comes when you call the firearms unit and they tell you that they sent it back to the local PD a day after you did your fingerprints. The fake mysticism around the FID process is astounding.

wow thats crazy...not anywhere near the correct order of events....what a frustrating system. Did you just apply?

Well folks... Thought I'd post the good news finally. Certainly not rubbing it in to others getting dragged in the process but I just wanted to report so folks know. I got the letter from the township that FID and permits are ready. Exactly 3.5 months from date of applying but I can certainly say that without a doubt it would have been longer if not emailing the higher ups in my town and stopping in to see the administration women in the dept. I got it just short of 2 weeks after stopping in.

I feel, if done in a professional and polished manor, you can decrease your time against the usual wait if you take the right approach.

Hopefully my documented experience in this thread I started will assist others.

wow thats crazy...not anywhere near the correct order of events....what a frustrating system. Did you just apply?

No but it took 5 months to get the FID and 1 permit. I filed for 2 when I submitted my paper work. It took them 2 more months to give me the permit that they owed me. The process was long and pointless. I was ahead of every excuse they had and it frustrated them to the point they started screening my calls. I called them every day for an hour on my lunch break just to annoy the hell out of them. I even found the numbers they didn't want me to have. I even figured out that they did not mail a so called residence letter to me. A lot of these departments take our firearm rights as a joke. It's sickening that they take their police discount more serious than a citizens rights. It is my belief especially in Newark that this is a secret policy to subvert peoples rights. Can I prove it? No. Best of luck to you. Be vigilant.

No but it took 5 months to get the FID and 1 permit. I filed for 2 when I submitted my paper work. It took them 2 more months to give me the permit that they owed me. The process was long and pointless. I was ahead of every excuse they had and it frustrated them to the point they started screening my calls. I called them every day for an hour on my lunch break just to annoy the hell out of them. I even found the numbers they didn't want me to have. I even figured out that they did not mail a so called residence letter to me. A lot of these departments take our firearm rights as a joke. It's sickening that they take their police discount more serious than a citizens rights. It is my belief especially in Newark that this is a secret policy to subvert peoples rights. Can I prove it? No. Best of luck to you. Be vigilant.

that's more persistent than I've been. I wanted to tread lightly for the simple fact that im dealing with NJSP. I call every two weeks in fact just called yesterday and got the same response I got two weeks ago. Every trooper says that it "was sent on 8/13 to fireamrs unit and we expect your cards in a couple weeks".

Its amazing how some citizens habe no idea how rediculous the process is. My office manager was one of my references and I was letting her know i'm calling NJSP from work to check the status. She said "Dosen't it take 6 months?"...My face turned red, I did this ( :facepalm: ) and said No, NO ITS NOT, it should only take a month by law and i should be shooting already. 

Pissed me off, but of course that comes form a super liberal with a revolver under her bed which she isn't even aloud to own because her father gave it to her and he is still very much alive.She has no FID, never has, and most likely never will. Imagine her pissed off look when i told her its 100% illegal since her father is not deceased. I said god forbid you ever have to use that to defend your life. You've just given the attorney a shit storm of a case against you because this is NJ. Like many other dems she believes she is just "entitled" and apparently is also exempt from the firearms process....moron.

Apologize to JayM for jacking your thread with a rant and rave hahah. thanks