Urban Grunt

Secret room/safe

When we get rid of our oil boiler we are turning that room into an armory. Concrete walls on all sides just needs a better door installed. About 10'x15' worth of space that will probably also be used as a cigar room

This signature exceeds the 15 character capacity

Urban Grunt:

Exactly right , what me and mine are doing.  Just got about 30 awesome and I mean awesome acres in FL.  House is in revisioning draft process right now, getting the details re-checked out and adjusted.  Rather than spending $4000 minimum for an awesome safe ( you have to understand, If you do this to be pretty much perfect, it needs to be big enough to contain everything you have,  but even bigger for firearms expansion.  Has to be hard enough and fire proof enough to survive significant and I mean significant damage and fire, plus you will be installing it permanently through concrete floor bolting.  And perhaps a few other considerations I'll keep private, but that's the gist ... And this is for the safe room mind you.  PLUS We would then have at least 2 probably 3 or 4 cheaper "Gun Cabinets" because at least 2 people would be keeping a few particular firearms in their bedrooms, another in the garage maybe, plus another area of the house.  So it ADDS UP.

Rather we're going with a fully featured, significantly hardened Safe Room consisting of 15' high concrete walls, concrete floor, and ceiling.  And a very nice and costly door,  Then the whole room is a safe.  And you can throw a few cheap gun cabinets for simple storage or even storage via other means, and you're pretty much golden.

I try to keep some info out of the posting for public consumption but let the record reflect, it's pretty sweet.  The whole house is but the safe room is the bomb. 

Rather we're going with a fully featured, significantly hardened Safe Room consisting of 15' high concrete walls, concrete floor, and ceiling.  And a very nice and costly door,  Then the whole room is a safe.  And you can throw a few cheap gun cabinets for simple storage or even storage via other means, and you're pretty much golden.

And hopefully designed to withstand F5 tornadoes while you are at it.

Urban Grunt:

Exactly right , what me and mine are doing. Just got about 30 awesome and I mean awesome acres in FL. House is in revisioning draft process right now, getting the details re-checked out and adjusted. Rather than spending $4000 minimum for an awesome safe ( you have to understand, If you do this to be pretty much perfect, it needs to be big enough to contain everything you have, but even bigger for firearms expansion. Has to be hard enough and fire proof enough to survive significant and I mean significant damage and fire, plus you will be installing it permanently through concrete floor bolting. And perhaps a few other considerations I'll keep private, but that's the gist ... And this is for the safe room mind you. PLUS We would then have at least 2 probably 3 or 4 cheaper "Gun Cabinets" because at least 2 people would be keeping a few particular firearms in their bedrooms, another in the garage maybe, plus another area of the house. So it ADDS UP.

Rather we're going with a fully featured, significantly hardened Safe Room consisting of 15' high concrete walls, concrete floor, and ceiling. And a very nice and costly door, Then the whole room is a safe. And you can throw a few cheap gun cabinets for simple storage or even storage via other means, and you're pretty much golden.

I try to keep some info out of the posting for public consumption but let the record reflect, it's pretty sweet. The whole house is but the safe room is the bomb.

You mean at your daddy's and mommy's house? Lol