Babyface Finster

Good place to buy a new mattress/box spring?

Haven't bought a bed in a while, but it's time for my daughter to move up to a big-girl bed.  I already have the headboard and frame, just need the full-size mattress and box spring.

Where is the best place in north/central NJ to get a good bed at a good price?  I used Sleepy's the last time I bought a bed but I'm not sure how competitive they are.

The problem I saw 10 years ago when I purchased a mattress is that the manufacturers like Sealy, Serta, KingKoil etc make different models for different stores making it nearly impossible to comparison shop. 

This. 

Got last mattress from 1800mattres

Sleepy's...... Slowly I turn step by step......  Never again.  They suck.  Last two mattresses from there and they both didn't  last.  If they were the cheap ones, my bad, but these were upper middle units "designed to last".  Bravo Sierra.

Next time I will go to a locally owned store such as mentioned above.  They have skin in the game.

I was told that if you buy and finance a mattress through sleepy's - if you call them about a week later and tell them you had an issue and can't afford the mattress, they'll work with you to kick down the price to next to their cost... But that's what I've been told...

Thanks for the replies.  Not a chance of waiting until Labor Day since we already mentioned it to our daughter.  I can't handle another month of multiple daily inquiries.

My wife found one today at Bedding Shoppe .  We shopped Macy's, Sleepy's, a few others.  Prices were probably pretty similar but she liked the place so there you go. 

Thanks for the replies.  Not a chance of waiting until Labor Day since we already mentioned it to our daughter.  I can't handle another month of multiple daily inquiries.

My wife found one today at Bedding Shoppe .  We shopped Macy's, Sleepy's, a few others.  Prices were probably pretty similar but she liked the place so there you go. 

Glad that worked out......  They are good people there.....

We were not happy with sleepy's.  We got a crumby bed for the price we paid and we left feeling like had just haggled with a used car salesmen. 

Mattress manufacturers may only make half a dozen different mattresses but they change the fabric, quilting, and model name for each store they sell to so you can't compare prices.  Once upon a time, we bought a mattress from Mattress Cowboy in New Brunswick.  I don't think they're around any more but they gave us a chart that showed which models at each store were the same models.  I found some of that info online the last time we mattress shopped.

Our last mattress came from Boscov's and we were really happy.  The prices were fair, the sales person we dealt with was knowledgeable and there was no pressure to buy anything.  I'll buy my next mattress there too.

This isn't the most common approach, but I had great success building my own mattress with various layers of foam and latex. Latex mattresses are very expensive, but you can save money by using polyurethane foam in the bottom layers. If you want a mattress that won't sag, look into latex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wait for the Labor Day Sales.

EVERY WEEK  is "THE BIGGEST SALE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*" at every mattress chain :rolleyes:.  It gets old.

My mattress was from Sleepy's, price seemed reasonable from the little comparison shopping I tried, some freebies included...selection of very firm mattresses at the store I went to was kinda lacking, but I think that's likely true of most stores, I got what I wanted and am happy with it. 

*of this week and this year

I bought a bed for my son at Sleepy's and asked the salesman is this the best you can do or am I going to go home and call 1800mattres and get a better price. Apparently he thought I would take him at his word when he said that was the best he could do. I went home and called and they gave me a lower price. I went back to Sleepy's and they beat that price. I felt I could have done that cycle at least one more time in full and have gotten even more off.

I wasn't happy with sleepys the got stupid on the phone when I inquired about the warranty for a mattress that failed 5 yrs into a 20yr rated mattress never again.

word to the wise pick it up yourself the bed bug problem is getting worse , not saying it comes from a new mattress but if someone has to replace a bug infested mattress and orders a new one and can get free delivery and removal of the old one it probably leans against yours

Sears labor day sale is on now. 50% off mattress's and even more if you go to the store.

I bought my mattress and box spring from Sears a few years ago.  It has been great so far and it was cheaper than any comparable store I went to.  Delivery was free also.  

Edit:  I waited a few weeks until there was a holiday sale that I could also stack a coupon on top of (thanks Sears sales guy!) so my $2k setup cost me around ~800 after tax.  

I bought my mattress and box spring from Sears a few years ago.  It has been great so far and it was cheaper than any comparable store I went to.  Delivery was free also.  

Edit:  I waited a few weeks until there was a holiday sale that I could also stack a coupon on top of (thanks Sears sales guy!) so my $2k setup cost me around ~800 after tax.  

I ended up paying $625 tax included for a twin and boxspring no delivery. Its for my five year old so I wanted one that would last. I tried sleepy's once.

Never again .The mattress fell apart on it's own. Its in a guest room so no one uses it and it still went soft!

I used to be a sterns and foster guy but they went to crap as well. The last one I bought was a simmons and it's been great. This one is a serta perfect sleeper and I hope it turns out good as I spent way more then I thought I would have to. But like I said it's for my kid.