jds560

Is buying a few rifles in one month frowned upon?

I don't want to look like a madman, but I've picked up two rifles this month and I'm interested in a third, has anyone else ever done this? 

Why are you holding back light weight? :)

Seriously though............. I doubt anyone is going to notice (except maybe your wife if you're married). When the NICS is called in, they are only told your buying a long gun, not what kind or even how many long guns per NICS check. The only way the government can check what long guns you're buying is to audit the dealers A&D book, and I doubt your name will stand out there anyway. A lot of people buy more than that per month.

I'm not made of money or anything! I just had put away money for a vacation to Japan and my friends backed out, so I figured I could buy a few cheap rifles and still have enough for Brazil next year for the World Cup. I grabbed a SAR-2 a Colt M4 and I'm looking into an SKS or Mak90, and if I could find an Arisaka Type 99 it would be in my possession instantly! 

I don't want to look like a madman, but I've picked up two rifles this month and I'm interested in a third, has anyone else ever done this?

If you buy multiple firearms at once they only do one NICS check. Saves you $15 a piece. Just saying. ;)

If you buy multiple firearms at once they only do one NICS check. Saves you $15 a piece. Just saying. ;)

This is what I try and do whenever possible.  Sometimes I will wait a few weeks to pick something up if I know I am going to be making another purchase soon.  Some ffl's will even give you a break on their transfer fees if you are doing multiple firearms at once :)

The only person who I would fear buying multiple guns at once would be the wife....

Exactly- especially since my wife thinks she gets to buy something every time I buy a gun and her tastes are much more expensive than mine!

I'm 100% sure that people on here bought more than 3 rifles at one sitting.

Or 5 in 3 days.

BLF? (Chime in...)

_ at one time is the most I got.

I think my record was 3 rifles and 5 handguns in one transaction

It is most likely "frowned" upon by those in Trenton and the media, however, since they won't really now it doesn't matter. It is not illegal though so go ahead. We all know they frown upon us owning any firearms.