leahcim

9mm Carry options

Well, that's no good. That pretty much seals the deal for me. It is an awesome range gun, though.

Why are you worried about HPs? I don't consider it a home defense gun (and you don't carry at home), and I didn't think you could carry HPs in public off duty (it's certainly not a duty gun).

guys i know bought it for off duty and all it did was jam. Seems the two piece feed ramp on theirs was the problem. we are only allowed to use one brand of ammo off duty and it didnt work with our ammo. I tried other hp ammo ajd it wasnt that reliable either.

If I were you I'd never touch one again. I couldn't have any confidence after that BS.

exactly.why one guy sold it ASAP. He would never trust it. The other guy like it so much he is determined to get it fixed. Every time.he sends it to walther its 2 months wait

They have lightning and explosions, what more can you ask for? :D

I love those guys LOL :D

Yeah, it's for real. And, yeah, you don't want any part of it.

The craziest thing is they made a 5.56 subsonic round that will cycle an M16 with suppressor and has actually been used in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. There's nothing really good about a subsonic 5.56 round, except that you can't choose a gun face down in a puddle, but you might be able to choose ammo. So I guess it does a job in a pinch since you don't have a better gun. But it is amazing that these bozos achieved that sale.

I am going to pass on that ammo since i dont really have a choice for duty or off duty carry

That's very polite! I'm going to pass on that ammo because it's ridiculous! :)

Save that link. It's always good to bust out when you need some mall ninja action ;)

If you like the taurus 709 and it felt good while shooting it then maybe that is the one..

How was your Aim with it ?  

were you comfortable with all the controls ?

The Taurus had the best groupings of the guns I shot.  M&P9c was about the same as the Taurus--I used the M&P9c as a proxy for the M&P Shield because they did not have the shield on the range.

I did not get as good groupings with the Glock, but they were still pretty good, and as a "controlled" experiment, the Glock was the first gun I shot, so that probably affected the grouoings.  To really evaluate I should go back and shoot them in a different order.

My problem with the Taurus is that I have heard negative things about the "lifetime" warranty.  So I have to do a little research on that and factor that in.

IMO PX4 compact is probably the best on your list, but it is probably the hardest to conceal.. and one range trip will not determine your grouping..

it also comes with 15rnd mags not 13..

Of all the 9mm pistols i have shot, the px4 allowed me to put a lot of lead down range quickly and accurately... The rotating barrel takes some snap out of the 9mm round. Think about what a defensive situation requires...

You can conceal any gun you want.

Are you trying to cross the boarder or something?

It only comes into play when you are concealing in light clothes under circumstances that have serious consequences if discovered. Like at your job, if they will fire you if you have a gun.

There is absolutely no need to be paranoid about printing unless you are doing something that others have told you that you should not do.

Just to point out with the PPS incase you were still considering, the mag release is in an odd place, I personally liked the gun but wouldnt carry it b/.c of that..

OP, i see you shoot at Range 14, you can try out my Shield if you want...

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!  Lots of great information here.

I ended up going with the M&P Shield 9mm.  Took forever to get it--very difficult to find in our local gun stores.  So I was ready to buy online, then they had the recall and I could not find anything online for about two weeks!  Finally started coming back about two weeks ago.

Picked it up yesterday (actually my wife's first handgun purchase), and of course checked the trigger for the recall issue.

Looking forward to getting it out to the range.  I will report back on how it performs.