Sign in to follow this  
le_boudin

'Che' Manuscripts Added to UNESCO Heritage Program

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/che-manuscripts-added-unesco-heritage-program-19714954

this world went nuts... UNESCO - organisation that encourages international peace and universal respect for human rights promotes manuscripts of the one of the worlds most ruthless terrorists to became our heritage... unreal...

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/che-manuscripts-added-unesco-heritage-program-19714954

this world went nuts... UNESCO - organisation that encourages international peace and universal respect for human rights promotes manuscripts of the one of the worlds most ruthless terrorists to became our heritage... unreal...

Did you mean Communist or Terrorist? He was definitely a Communist but I'm not sure how you can call him a terrorist... because he advocated guerrilla warfare? How is a drone strike from 10 miles away any different than guerrilla warfare? Perhaps you should read "War Is A Racket". It's about war profiteering and the suffering inflicted on millions of people for the financial gain of a few. It was written by USMC Major General Smedley Butler, only Marine ever awarded 2 Medals of Honor and the Brevet Medal. He saw it first hand. It parallels exactly the type of stuff Che was fighting against. Funny how a "terrorist" and a great American can see the same ills.

The winners write history but just think if you were living somewhere working your own fields and a foreign force came in and took everything you owned so they could cultivate your land, export your crop, get rich, and leave you in squalor. You'd be crying for a revolution too I suppose. 

I wouldn't read too much into it. That collection also has a copy of the Diary of Anne Frank, the communist manifesto, several slave registries, a manual on the baptism of slaves and the Wizard of Oz.

In other words a little but of everything that has any historical significance.

I don't doubt that his writings are of historical significance.  But he was a Grade - A douchbag.

I have no problem with him acting as an insurgent - that's war.  But he ordered the execution of people who's only crime was being a soldier under the Batista regime.  That's murder.