KevD

A man was just getting robbed in front of my house....

Am i wrong for opening the window and yelling ... I had my 45 in my hand and yelled newark police... Is this wrong? There was 8 guys guys slapping him around ... Call me stupid but its hard to watch and not try to help.... After i yelled the guys ran and there was one girl with them ... I called 911 and i said there was a guys in front of my house getting robbed and they said is anyone in immediate danger and i said not exactly the thieves ran so they said call a different number its not an emergency.... Thoughts? .. Or should i not be asking this ...

It's just typical Newark. Two guys popped my friends trunk last week. I ran outside with a Katana and screamed at them and they took off like rockets. Calling the police here is useless. 

im picturing someone wielding a katana above their heads screaming a war cry running at full speed towards two people breaking into a car on the street. id kinda like to see that. unstealthiest ninja ever lol

Thank God you didn't do a "Joe Biden" and pop a coupla rounds into the air to scare 'em off!

If it gets any worse there the public will have to shoot first and THEN call the Cops to do the report!

Since you intervened, I'd keep an extra eye out for any of 'em to pay YOU a visit!  Although ID-ing yourself as Newark Police might deter any retribution, since Punks don't wanna grow a set and deal with Cops!

Scumbags should be shot on site end of story. But thats just the way I think. I believe crime rate would drop using my method. :)

I agree with this 100%- how many initial crimes would be stopped and then how many potential future crimes would be stopped?  These guys don't just quit this lifestyle and their violence almost always escalates.

Keeping in mind this is the people's republic of New Jersey, am I hearing that you both impersonated a police officer and pointed a weapon at someone outside of your home or business when your life was not being threatened?  If so, I imagine they get away and you spend a bunch of time in state prison if identified.  NJ SUCKS!!!!

You mean a well placed .223 thru the open window at one of the perps is not the acceptable response in Newark these days?

But it's quicker and more effective than dialing 911, isn't it?

it was tempting.. The ar wasnt far but my glock 21 is more "police like" .. What got me is i usually walk home from work around that time since i work a half a block from where i live and i thought what if it was me and no one did anything .. Regardless they stole all his stuff they just didnt beat him more then they did...

Move.

What happens when the criminals have that bright idea too... And all the ppl that get robbed and murdered in the suburbs .. Its time for average citizens to do something .. And try to make life safer for EVERYONE on there street/ neighborhood...

What happens when the criminals have that bright idea too... And all the ppl that get robbed and murdered in the suburbs .. Its time for average citizens to do something .. And try to make life safer for EVERYONE on there street/ neighborhood...

Good luck with that. Look, some places are beyond redemption, winning the war involves knowing when you lost the fight and strategically retreating so you can live to fight another day. 

Moving really is the best option. Newark will never improve. A week before I stopped those guys, another one of my friends trunks was robbed. His sound system was stolen. I have a feeling it was the same two guys because both cars were Honda Accords so they might have a dealer key.

I live around the corner from a bar and I've had countless drunks sleeping on my porch along with scuffles in the street every weekend, typically over some ugly girl. One guy was beating down another guy with my garbage on garbage day....

Once I can afford to move, I'm out of here. Either Edgewater with that beautiful NYC view or a different state like PA or LA.

Be carefull you never know if the scumbags will come back and retaliate for what you did !!

I sleep with 3- 13 round mags of hollow point under my bed .. Whoever comes is gonna have a bad day...

I would not have yelled out identifying yourself as the police, especially if you are holding a gun. I hope you didn't point the gun at them or anywhere outside your window. Sure, those things sound like the right thing to do, but remember, you are living in NJ.

Your heart was in the right place...however, I think by saying you were a police officer while brandishing a firearm  was not the correct thing to do.  Regardless of whether you live in Jersey or Kentucky.  Not to mention you admitted it online. The call to 911, yeah.  Just my two cents.  

Why should we have to live in fear of discussing whats on our mind? That' ridiculous. I believe in freedom of expression, I'm sick of this political correctness and that anything I say will automatically be used against me and makes me a criminal. We don't live in a Warsaw pact nation or in AXIS WWII countries so why must we live in fear of expressing ourselves.

If big brother is reading this I got two words for him, suck it.

I still don't get why people insist on putting all their business online. If you did what you say you did. Keep it to yourself instead of looking for affirmations

Sorry your right i should have posted on what color socks to buy or another zimmerman post right?

Why should we have to live in fear of discussing whats on our mind? That' ridiculous. I believe in freedom of expression, I'm sick of this political correctness and that anything I say will automatically be used against me and makes me a criminal. We don't live in a Warsaw pact nation or in AXIS WWII countries so why must we live in fear of expressing ourselves.

If big brother is reading this I got two words for him, suck it.

Thanks for saying this it was a breathe of fresh air...

Sorry your right i should have posted on what color socks to buy or another zimmerman post right?

Nope...enough with the Zimmerman posts too. All I'm saying is if you have to question what you did maybe its best not to put it out there for everybody to read. Because technically you impersonated and officer and brandished a weapon( if they did indeed see it) which even in an attempt could be agg assault

Nope...enough with the Zimmerman posts too. All I'm saying is if you have to question what you did maybe its best not to put it out there for everybody to read. Because technically you impersonated and officer and brandished a weapon( if they did indeed see it) which even in an attempt could be agg assault

The weapon wasnt visible it was inside the window the whole time ... And i guess your right about impersonated but maybe i wouldnt have to impersonate if the police were more present in this neighborhood.. When 911 tells me no one is in immediate danger then theres a serious problem with the system ..