deerpark

Anyone else afraid to buy/own ammo?

Never too much. I surprised myself when I rearranged my ammo box and closet as to how much I actually have. I didn't buy the Ruger 10/22 at my lgs cuz no one had 22LR HV ammo. When I finally found some both rifles were gone. Now I have the rifle and enough ammo for it to last till prices get reasonable again.

Heritage Guild in Easton sells ammo at less than internet prices for use at the range but limits you to 100 rounds per person. I bring a few friends along and stock up with whatever is left over. :-)

Leacim,

Just don't send any of that ammo by Takkyuubin. Strict laws over there. ;-).

Absolutely.  I always liked their logo--they take good care of your shipment.  Kuroneko is one of the great things about Japan--cheap and easy way to transfer luggage (almost anything) rather than trying to carry on the shinkansen.

But no firearms or knives over 5CM.

First time I went there I was carrying my bags on shin and local trains--doable but not easy.  Then I found I could ship to any hotel for about $20 and never carried my luggage since.

When I talk with people and they express astonishment that someone in the "news" is reported to have an "arsenal" of x thousand rounds, I try to educate them.  How a sport shooter or enthusiast who shoots even one time a week is going to shoot 100 rounds per week minimum.  That is over 5k rounds per year.  And ammo does not really have a "sell by" date, so if you can get a large amount at a good price, is kind of makes sense to buy at least one or two years worth.  And if we have on-and-off shortages (mostly on) which can last months to years, it makes sense to stock up a 2-3+ year supply--add several different calibers into the mix and pretty soon you have an arsenal and you are just trying to save a few dollars on your chosen sport.

Usually when I explain that to people they seem to understand that owning 5k-20k rounds of ammo is not too extraordinary.

I refuse to sign a Nazi log book to purchase ammo. I buy everything out of state for handgun ammo. As well as 12g hollow point slugs. Long gun ammo ill buy here if the price is right. I always pay cash also. I reload and cast a lot also so I don't have to buy as often. I don't know if it matters or not really they know what guns I own anyway im sure. Except dads collection that was willed to me. I know there are a few that were pre registration in that bunch. I just don't take them out of the house.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Definitely not afraid of stockpiling ammo, especially when you find it at a good price. I remember seeing a thread a while ago (maybe not on this site) where people showed off their ammo stockpile. I tell you, it definitely made my "couple thousand rounds or various rounds" feel like it was nothing. Most people are worried about where to store all their ammo.

Hey, if you run out of space in your safe/locker, there is always the pantry...

DSCF5849.jpg

Definitely not afraid of stockpiling ammo, especially when you find it at a good price. I remember seeing a thread a while ago (maybe not on this site) where people showed off their ammo stockpile. I tell you, it definitely made my "couple thousand rounds or various rounds" feel like it was nothing. Most people are worried about where to store all their ammo.

Hey, if you run out of space in your safe/locker, there is always the pantry...

DSCF5849.jpg

Lol.. Just make sure you dont throw one of those in the microwave by mistake after a night of boozing..

Right now I'm dangerously low, I have about 500 round of mixed .223/5.56, 500 rounds of .40 s&w FMJ, 50 rounds of .40 HP, and about 250 mixed slug and buck shot loads, and then about 1000 target 12g loads and 2000 rounds of 22

My wife says this all the time, and then I can't say anything when she buys another purse or pair of shoes!

Bro, we are on the same boat. 

This is how she makes up for it,  this week. Women will never understand, or are they out smarting us? Hmmmm....post-4964-0-39045900-1374787761_thumb.jpg

The only fear I have is if the wife becomes upset that I am taking up her space with the ammo. In my opinion you can never have too much as long as you have a place to store it properly.

I would definitely get in trouble for storing it in her pantry.

i have over 10k round between my 9mm, 22lr, 38spl and 12ga shells (combined)..  and yet my ammo closet looks a tad bare..  strange how that works.. im decidedly not afraid to buy lots of ammo..  if i had more money, i'd still be buying it.. 

h21v.jpg

The only fear I have is if the wife becomes upset that I am taking up her space with the ammo. In my opinion you can never have too much as long as you have a place to store it properly.

I would definitely get in trouble for storing it in her pantry.

My wife is still pissed that I put the safe on "her side" of the closet (it was too tall to fit under the shelves on my side).

If my wife was still working and twins weren't on the way ammo would be getting delivered by the truckload. Have to prioritize and scale back purchasing for the time being until I get a better picture of what my financial situation will be like for the next 6 months. After that.. Ups guy watch out.