gleninjersey

Easton Game & Fish (EFGA) This Sunday

I was thinking of passing by this weekend as well. Not sure if I'll be there Saturday or Sunday early in the morning. If you see a burgundy Jeep Wrangler, give me a shout. I'm usually wearing a black UnderArmour baseball cap.

There are usually matches the 4th weekend of every month. Most of the time all the ranges are closed so there's no point in going.

This is true. I'm out for this weekend. I might pass by the Fairfield Trap range one of these days to at least bust some clays unless its raining.

I just joined. I'm meeting another forum member (prob around 10:30) at Heritage Guild and then heading over EFGA to do some pistol shooting. Any one else interested in joining us?

On Sunday you will be able to shoot at the pistol range, but the all-purpose pit and rifle range will be closed due to the monthly IDPA match. Of course you could always sign-up (at the match - no pre-registration required) and shoot with us.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

What time is the match registration window start/end?

http://www.nepaidpascores.net/efga/efga_club_master.html

While this page says Saturday, they are on Sunday this year. Changed due to a MD's work conflict.

See you there.

I'll be there early Saturday trying to figure out the break in process and zeroing in a new sw m&p 15. So if you see a confused fumbling guy that would be me. If your there watching remember every one was new at one time. Worst case I will wind up in the pistol range with the ar back in the trunk! I have a guest pass if anyone is looking to check the place out

John

Bob,

How many speed loaders and  speed loader holders are needed and are the COMP III's legal for IDPA?

Thanks

Comp III's are fine. You are allowed three speed loaders on your belt and a fully charged gun - 24 rounds total to start the COF.

If you weak-hand reload, then all three are normally carried on the weak side behind the body midpoint (9 o'clock if you are right-handed, 3 o'clock if left-handed).

If you strong-hand reload, then two are usually carried on the strong side in front of the holster (exception to the body mid-line rule) and must be no more than an inch ahead of the holster, and the third, behind the holster on the strong side.

Adios,

Bob

Thanks Bob. Will try to make this match ( my first). Not sure if I'll use

Revolver or PM9. Gotta actually use some of this gear....

Shoot the revolver. Master a D/A revolver and everything else is easy. There are usually a couple of revolver shooters at Easton, however, there is a regional ICORE match at Ontelaunee this weekend - but that may only attract the heavy hitters, which means little fish, like me, stand a better chance at Easton. LOL.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

All outdoors. Possibility of cancellation is it is raining hard prior to the start. Once it has started, they would evaluate and decide.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

At least you guys went through the door. Oh well first time jitters hopefully gone.

Thanks Bob, Dave and Howard. Can only get better (I hope).

But didn't you win your division even with your ability to see through and walk through walls?  I just have to figure out how to get faster at this stuff -- anyone care to suggest how?

Some kudos are deserved for a couple board members who did well at this match. Zack (Sgt Toadette) came away with "Most Accurate" honors being only 16 points (8 seconds) down for the entire match. He shot clean through his first four consecutive stages plus one more, for a total of 5 out of 8 stages down zero.

I also want to give kudos to Kevin (Stranger), for having the balls for shooting a large IDPA match, which unfortunately for him, had no briefing prior to the match, and to shoot a revolver - WOW! Considering he had little advance knowledge of all the idiosyncratic rules of the game, he did astoundingly well. His improvement, as we progressed through the stages, was marked and clear to even a novice's eye. I hope that he sticks with it.

I'd like to know who snuck in the unknown revolver shooter into ESR division, that beat me by 3.74 seconds overall. Really have nobody to blame but myself - missed an easy popper, not once but three times, necessitating a reload where otherwise there would have been none - that alone killed me - otherwise I was third most accurate at 30 points (15 seconds) down for the match.

Also glad that the rain, for the most part waited until we were on our last stage - and thanks to Zack for also being the umbrella bearer and helping teardown while I packed the car for a quick getaway.

The next match up may be a bit far for most board members at Guthsville, PA (just north of Allentown, PA) next Sunday (8/4) - although it is a straight shot across I-78. Guthsville is usually six stages, all outdoors. The weekend after that is Phillipsburg, NJ on Saturday 8/10. Usually 8 stages - four indoors (bring your flashlights) and four outdoors.

One word about the new IDPA rules. Even though they do not actually go into effect until 10/01/2013, some clubs are implementing them now - at least the procedural changes. One of those rule changes categorically states that the MD is personally responsible for all participant and spectator safety. This has led the MD for P-burg, Easton & Hellertown to institute a new policy for new shooters. Any new shooters must either show a proof of rating in USPSA, ICORE, PPC or that they have completed an NRA safety course - I believe that "First Steps" will be acceptable as it is the safety aspect they are concerned about - bring your USPSA, ICORE or PPC card or the NRA certificate issued upon course completion. This will also preclude any safety briefing - which often times included some rules clarification/explanation - so it would behoove any new shooters to familiarize themselves with the rules before attending a match. If you join IDPA, there is a CD given as part of the membership package, that I am told is excellent in going over the rules and the range terms etc. Otherwise, you could shoot one or more IDPA matches where a safety briefing is included and they require none of the above documentation (i.e. Somerset, Guthsville - at least for now).

Have fun and be safe.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for the tip about the DVD, I had not actually opened mine yet, but maybe I will now.  I had a great time at the match, but my best shot of the day actually came on the way to the match at a barn about two or three miles up the road:

9392376625_db8ba0f69c_c_d.jpg

I'd like to know who snuck in the unknown revolver shooter into ESR division, that beat me by 3.74 seconds overall.

I'm 99% sure that guy was misclassified and should have been under ESP. He was in our squad and I recognize his name from score keeping.