carl_g

nj.com at it again...

Can someone post the e-mail address for this guy?  I click on the e-mail logo on the site and it tries opening the mail program in Windows...and then won't let me do anything because I don't have it setup yet. 

I just talked to he a-hole and he told me it was a fair and equitable article and I was just to emotional and sensitive to this issue. He said any "clear minded" individual reading this would see that he was fair to NJ2AS and that he was just telling the truth.

He also told me Frank was happy with this article and had no issues with said article.

it's sad to say but in this day and age with everyone "up in arms" about the gun control issue... anyone posting anything in the public eye needs to double check EVERYTHING. People will look at things from every angle and pick ads, or contests apart to find a flaw and exploit it to their advantage.  this is a perfect example. We as gun owners/enthusiasts Know that there are NJ COMPLIANT versions of each firearm offered. BUT the opposing forces saw that the ad DID NOT include the note that the compliant versions would be offered to NJ residents if the won. So with that said they push and exploit the fact that the items offered in the contest are not the "compliant versions"

It's a shame and it's just the media's way of putting a spin on things to get sales up and to "miss lead" people in the way they do.  

"Those who are opposed to our gun violence prevention bills certainly have the right to have their voices heard, but enticing people to do so in this way is irresponsible," Greenwald said. "If offering a gun as a contest prize isn’t illegal, perhaps we should look into legislation."

What a f*cking tool.

for me the question is will the article impact on the Gov's decision? He really needs to veto these bills and be done with it.

To me the question is "why now"? There has been nothing gun related on that site for months and then suddenly three articles in two days. Why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

To me the question is "why now"? There has been nothing gun related on that site for months and then suddenly three articles in two days. Why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

IMO nj.com is left-wing and are very aware that bills are pending so therefore they could be trying to ramp up the opposition.

I think the recent activity is due to the contest which was started to hopefully influence the Governor.

In clicking on some links I found they wrote an article recently about the contest itself, and then it seems today another one tying to make an issue of the Sig rifle displayed in the contest page.  Trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill, and its so transparent and embarrasing for them, this one has to backfire. 

Yeah let's outlaw gun raffles!

You will finally piss off hunters! They love their ducks unlimited banquets. Friends of the NRA too. Not to mention the unions have the union sportsman alliance. We also have banquets with gun raffles in nj.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

its so transparent and embarrasing for them 

They have no shame, won't embarrass them at all

They rely on the ignorance of the masses

Example; Saw a clip on the news this morning, a reporter asking college students to sign a petition to allow 4th trimester abortions, and the morons were actually signing it

Looks like we're having some influence. They altered the title to make it marginally less offensive. And yes, this is definitely very beneficially raising the profile of both the letter writing campaign and the NJ2AS. It's generated at least one donation and lots of entries into the raffle.

And it's highlighted the idiocy of Greenwald once again.

Finally, as someone else pointed out, this might awaken the real "sleeping giant," the fudds who suddenly realize that this DOES affect them. What's a game dinner without a gun auction?

Saw an opinion piece in the Asbery park press complaining the NJ2AS complaining about the raffle and oh this raffle is making all gun owners look like gun nuts, and how gun owners need to work with gun control advocates to solve the very real problem of gun violence and get guns off the streets...

The article made me want to punch the author in the face for being so stupid, because it was quite clear the author was one of those that believed any gun control idea was a good idea, while trying to pretend to be neutral.