vladtepes

Angry pa police chief

:facepalm: We are our own worst enemy..... :facepalm:

So true. Another raving madman shouting obscenities and name calling doesn't really reinforce our cause. It makes him look like a madman. Tis actually may be a cop that some forum members would like though ...lol

Marks a good guy

Agreed...

He may be the "Goodest" guy in all of PA, but now, he will only be known for this. And any good he may want to do for the cause will be tainted by the lingering after effects of these videos.

ETA: Another outcome of these vids is he loses his job and is replaced with someone more inline with the "party", Then how much good can he do for anyone?

Edited by High Exposure

So true. Another raving madman shouting obscenities and name calling doesn't really reinforce our cause. It makes him look like a madman. Tis actually may be a cop that some forum members would like though ...lol

I see it as passion

He may be the "Goodest" guy in all of PA, but now, he will only be known for this. And any good he may want to do for the cause will be tainted by the lingering after effects of these videos.

Your opinion is shaped partially by your environment... There are many regular people here that support this guy... I found out about him from a NON gun owning aquantaince that thinks him standing up for what he believes in is great...

As far as him being a madman? Or crazy? Why? Because he's mad.... Using profanity? Shooting guns? All things I bet everyone here has done... He's pissed that's all... And I LOVE that he didn't back pedal when confronted.... A man with an actual spine to stand tall in his views...

:facepalm: We are our own worst enemy..... :facepalm:

:facepalm:

Agreed

Speak for yourself Shawn. I support the 2A and America in general, and I am not F'ed up. I am also not on YouTube screaming about some bullshit UN treaty like a lunatic and intentionally trying to piss people off.

It has nothing to do with my "environment". If you can't see how a Police Chief acting this way on the Interent is stupid, I don't know what to tell you. This is poor leadership, completely unprofessional, and a major league fail on multiple levels. I think Police acting on passion and emotion is the last thing this country needs. What if that passion runs counter to yours? What if their emotional about things you don't care about? Do you want that Chief out there too?

This will get brought out at every trial, every hearing, every committee meeting, budget meeting, public safety meeting, to demonstrate what kind of PD that is and what kind of leadership the Department has. He just did every defense attorney's work for them for the next 10 years, and ensured that his Firearm's budget/trainin program/hiring process gets nuked to the stone age - all for some bull$hit theatrics that won't do a goddamned thing to help the fight for 2A rights. But, hey man! Him shooting full auto sure looked cool :rolleyes:

This was pure ballistic and rhetoric masturbation. A self serving "look at me!" moment, nothing else.

Speak for yourself Shawn. I support the 2A and America in general, and I am not F'ed up. I am also not on YouTube screaming about some bs UN treaty like a lunatic and intentionally trying to piss people off.

It has nothing to do with my "environment". If you can't see how a Police Chief acting this way on the Interent is stupid, I don't know what to tell you. This is poor leadership, completely unprofessional, and a major league fail on multiple levels. I think Police acting on passion and emotion is the last thing this country needs. What if that passion runs counter to yours? What if their emotional about things you don't care about? Do you want that Chief out there too?

This will get brought out at every trial, every hearing, every committee meeting, budget meeting, public safety meeting, to demonstrate what kind of PD that is and what kind of leadership the Department has. He just did every defense attorney's work for them for the next 10 years, and ensured that his Firearm's budget/trainin program/hiring process gets nuked to the stone age - all for some bull$hit theatrics that won't do a goddamned thing to help the fight for 2A rights. But, hey man! Him shooting full auto sure looked cool :rolleyes:

This was pure ballistic and rhetoric masturbation. A self serving "look at me!" moment, nothing else.

Agreed.

Speak for yourself. I support the 2A and America in general, and I am not F'ed up. I am also not on YouTube screaming about some bs UN treaty like a lunatic and intentionally trying to piss people off.

If you can't see how a Police Chief acting this way on the Interent is stupid, I don't know what to tell you. This is poor leadership and a major league fail on multiple levels.

This will get brought out at every trial, every hearing, every committee meeting, budget meeting, public safety meeting, to demonstrate what kind of PD that is and what kind of leadership the Department has. He just did every defense attorney's work for them for the

next 10 years, and ensured that his Firearm's budget/trainin program/hiring process gets nuked to the stone age - all for some bull$hit theatrics that won't do a goddamned thing to help the fight for 2A rights. But, hey man! Him shooting full auto sure looked cool :rolleyes:

Mayor so far backs him....

Again your opinion is based on what is relatable to you... Budget? This guy is probably driving his own car and using his own guns... Further he stated he would take his uniform off before he would enforce any unconstitutional laws... His job may be important to him but his values trump that...

I don't know about that. Last I heard the Mayor isn't backing him. What the mayor said, and I am paraphrasing here, was "He was off duty. I can't do anything about what he says off duty". That's not "backing", that's a technicality. That's political "sitting on the fence" language.

Even if you agree with what he says - and I do agree with the basis of his rant, not the actual message he delivered - He has just damaged the reputation and professionalism of his Office and his Department. He just made his Officer's jobs harder, and he makes law abiding gun owners look like Jackasses.

Again, Police acting on an emotional and passionate level is not a good thing. Would you want to be dealing with a Cop that was just as passionately anti-gun?

I'm a pretty passionate guy myself but still know when I cross a line. Sure, the guy told the truth and I agree with his message. It's his delivery that is lacking. If Obama posted a YouTube video calling all gun owners "stupid MF'ers" we'd be up in arms ourselves. I'm behind this guy 100% but IF he does lose his job what good is he doing for his community? They could lose a pro 2A PC who won't enforce unconstitutional gun laws. IMO that does more good for our cause than his video does.

I thought it was funny as hell. I can get pissed and say more curse words than George Carlin. But it's not a good idea to publicize actions like this. Thinking and saying/video taping it are two different animals. It might be ok in PA, but the whole country will see this. It's bad enough they all think we are gun toting nuts. But we have to depend on our hierarchy to keep us in check to protect us from ourselves. Lead by good example and stand by our side. Without good higher ranks to do this, we have nothing!

We know he's pissed and so are most of us... But take a step back and think. Do we really want to be portrayed that way to America? Video devices and the internet has buried more careers and hurt more people that thought they were doing something that was ok then you can dream of. We need people like him taking a Pro2A stance and protecting his citizens the sane legal way. If someday the first shots are fired in PA and his followers are at his side defending our rights. Hats off to the brave folks of PA.... But in the mean time. Brain strategy is much more powerful than a show of extreme force.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Asking nicely has not worked out well in too many instances... Sometimes I think conviction and passion is the difference... This is NO way intended to be a pa vs nj thread... But when I was in nj I heard gun owners make statements about the lack of need for military style guns... I along with many gun owners tried to engage in thoughtful discussion to try to change opinion.... And this all really didn't get me too far... Ridiculous laws like 1 gun a month.... In pa I encounter people like this chief... Who would tell you to come try to take them... And would tell you in an aggressive assertive way... Maybe visible passion brings a little to the table....

Who is more readily oppressed through firearms laws...

That guy at the skeet range who shoots a couple times a month for sport and doesn't understand your black plastic guns...

Or

Some "maniac" cop shooting a full auto ar with beta mags...

If your not fed up with the bull crap the gov is pulling with gun laws what will it take?

If you think this spectacle has made a single anti 2A person stand up and say "Hey! He is right! I am now pro 2A!" or that one person became fed up with anything other than "Gun nuts" because of this message you are dreaming.

This has hurt our cause and has lessened all the statements made by all Police that are Pro 2A. Now every Chief, Sheriff, or Officer that makes, or has made, a statement that they are in support of 2A rights and against any gun legislation, or will not support candidates that are 2A, or enforce laws that they think are unConstitutional, will be compared to this guy. Instead of emphasizing our message, now we have to spend time and energy on separating the wheat from the chaff so to speak. All the work those other Police leaders did on our behalf is now tainted and suspect in the minds of those in favor of strict gun control.

IMO: This guy is fc2796c0da3c7b6b3a79404a360965bb.jpg

If you think this spectacle has made a single anti 2A person stand up and say "Hey! He is right! I am now pro 2A!" or that one person became fed up with anything other than "Gun nuts" because of this message you are dreaming.

This has hurt our cause and has lessened all the statements made by all Police that are Pro 2A. Now every Chief, Sheriff, or Officer that makes, or has made, a statement that they are in support of 2A rights and against any gun legislation, or will not support candidates that are 2A, or enforce laws that they think are unConstitutional, will be compared to this guy. Instead of emphasizing our message, now we have to spend time and energy on separating the wheat from the chaff so to speak. All the work those other Police leaders did on our behalf is now tainted and suspect in the minds of those in favor of strict gun control.

IMO: This guy is fc2796c0da3c7b6b3a79404a360965bb.jpg

The video was shown to me by a non gun owner that supports everything he said...

What is comes down to is this .... IN MY OPINION......

We are not going to change the mind of the people on each extreme end...... that is a fact.

So what we have left in the people in the middle..... on the fence. The ones that dont own firearms, but are not against them, or the ones that own them, but can think some pretty anti things at times....

Looking at the video's ..... thru those people's eyes.....  What do you think they see?  I think they see someone that might scare them..... and in my book, that is a negative for our fight for our rights.....

The video was shown to me by a non gun owner that supports everything he said...

And this video changed his mind? The guy that showed you this was anti-gun before watching this guys videos?

I know plenty of non-gun owners that are pro-2A.

As far as his message, I support what he said, just not his "presentation". His message may be 100% spot on, but if no one listens to him because he comes across as a slammer, or goes against him because he is too over the top, what good is it? We have all known guys like him, and I bet few of us liked that guy.