vladtepes

Angry pa police chief

Your opinion is shaped partially by your environment... There are many regular people here that support this guy... I found out about him from a NON gun owning aquantaince that thinks him standing up for what he believes in is great...

As far as him being a madman? Or crazy? Why? Because he's mad.... Using profanity? Shooting guns? All things I bet everyone here has done... He's pissed that's all... And I LOVE that he didn't back pedal when confronted.... A man with an actual spine to stand tall in his views...

+1mm

amen however, passion gave us our freedoms.

True, but the Declaration of Independence doesn't contain the phrase "fuck King George and all those assholes in Parliament"or something like that. If you read the rest of the story there were some signers were apprehensive about referring to the King as a tyrant.

Again, Police acting on an emotional and passionate level is not a good thing. Would you want to be dealing with a Cop that was just as passionately anti-gun?

i nj we do already

Speak for yourself Shawn. I support the 2A and America in general, and I am not F'ed up. I am also not on YouTube screaming about some bs UN treaty like a lunatic and intentionally trying to piss people off.

It has nothing to do with my "environment". If you can't see how a Police Chief acting this way on the Interent is stupid, I don't know what to tell you. This is poor leadership, completely unprofessional, and a major league fail on multiple levels. I think Police acting on passion and emotion is the last thing this country needs. What if that passion runs counter to yours? What if their emotional about things you don't care about? Do you want that Chief out there too?

This will get brought out at every trial, every hearing, every committee meeting, budget meeting, public safety meeting, to demonstrate what kind of PD that is and what kind of leadership the Department has. He just did every defense attorney's work for them for the next 10 years, and ensured that his Firearm's budget/trainin program/hiring process gets nuked to the stone age - all for some bull$hit theatrics that won't do a goddamned thing to help the fight for 2A rights. But, hey man! Him shooting full auto sure looked cool :rolleyes:

This was pure ballistic and rhetoric masturbation. A self serving "look at me!" moment, nothing else.

the whole gun owners putting there heads down and asking nicely for our RIGHTS thing is getting old... i became a gun owner when i lived in florida before moving back to nj.. and out there ppl make no apologizes for what they say and think about the 2a... maybe thats nj's probleming trying to be so polite while stuttering out "please dont take my guns master" when we should be like " come and take em bitches lets see how far you get" ... this police chief has balls and for that i salute him  :hi:

i nj we do already

+1000000 but it's not only police

I'm amazed that the general consensus on here is that we as gun owners need to tippy toe around topics and are supposed to think of people taking a stand/expressing the right point....while the delivery is not necessarily the best...at least is passionate ....

taking a look at the outcome of "doing it the right way" politely standing in the rain with signs outside of buildings ....writing sternly/carefully worded emails/faxes/pony express mail which is simply discarded with a couple clicks of some interns mouse has done nothing...every bill has passed all the steps and is sitting on the desk waiting to be signed/left to sit and become law by default....why?... Because they can draw the shades and laugh at the "clowns out in the rain" and vote the way their agenda requires which has nothing to do with right/wrong/sensible or anything else ......

I think the country needs a whole lot more people like that Cheif and less of the "i dont agree but im just doing my job" people willing to sit idlely by and watch the shreds of our country/freedoms/etc be back room dealt out from under us ......just my opinion

I'm passionate about it but you don't see me posting screaming rants on youtube trying to get my point across.

Agreed,

The best thing we can do is take non gun owners to the range and show them that shooting is fun and that we are not a bunch of screaming lunatics, but normal people like everyone else. Screaming rants just perpetuate the anti's image of us as a fringe group of anti social crazies.

You know how many people i have converted through plain exposure and education. Mindless, rambling diatribes push people away. Dont get me wrong; there is a time for passion and anger but his served no purpose. He is in a great position to change things if he banded together with all the other like-minded police chiefs around the country instid of ostracizing himself by acting like a lunatic.

Agreed,

The best thing we can do is take non gun owners to the range and show them that shooting is fun and that we are not a bunch of screaming lunatics, but normal people like everyone else. Screaming rants just perpetuate the anti's image of us as a fringe group of anti social crazies.

I get the theory ....but in all reality where has that gotten us....they (elected officials) do what they want/what they are told to do by their handlers regardless of calls emails etc.......example: all the calls emails and stern faxes...has done nothing all the bs bills were railroaded through and are sitting on the desk waiting for the final charade and then will be law......and what then.? All the polite pinky extended from the teacup politically correct conversations trying to talk reason with them is like talking to a 8 yo with their fingers in their ears loudly saying lalalalalaalala .......

This will get brought out at every trial, every hearing, every committee meeting, budget meeting, public safety meeting, to demonstrate what kind of PD that is and what kind of leadership the Department has. He just did every defense attorney's work for them for the next 10 years, and ensured that his Firearm's budget/trainin program/hiring process gets nuked to the stone age - all for some bull$hit theatrics that won't do a goddamned thing to help the fight for 2A rights. But, hey man! Him shooting full auto sure looked cool :rolleyes:

From what I read, the town he is the chief of has a population of 700.  He is the only cop in town too.  I don't think there is much, if any, crime there which would need a defense attorney.

This man is from rural America; not brainwashed and neutered by city life.  I applaud him.

The mayor had this to say....

"If you were in trouble and you needed somebody to protect you, Mark would be the person you would want running to your aid,' Hannon said. 'My experience and that of many of our residents (is) he will die for you. He's loyal and I think that's important.'"

The mayor had this to say....

"If you were in trouble and you needed somebody to protect you, Mark would be the person you would want running to your aid,' Hannon said. 'My experience and that of many of our residents (is) he will die for you. He's loyal and I think that's important.'"

Sounds good too me... 

I'm passionate about it but you don't see me posting screaming rants on youtube trying to get my point across.

Well I guess we should all politely go to the legislature, governor and the courts and work with the system because that has worked so well for us in the past.

He may seem over the top but he does something important.

He gets angry.

Too many people are apathethic in today's society. Politicians and others in power see this as weakness and take advantage. When people resist tyranny forcefully they get noticed. That does not mean we should go around committing violent acts, but we shouldn't portray an image as pushovers either. We need to be tough and strong. Labor unions do this and they are very effective. 

I get the theory ....but in all reality where has that gotten us....they (elected officials) do what they want/what they are told to do by their handlers regardless of calls emails etc.......example: all the calls emails and stern faxes...has done nothing all the bs bills were railroaded through and are sitting on the desk waiting for the final charade and then will be law......and what then.? All the polite pinky extended from the teacup politically correct conversations trying to talk reason with them is like talking to a 8 yo with their fingers in their ears loudly saying lalalalalaalala .......

...and what then? We need to win people over to our side to help replace politicians that don't want to ensure our rights. How many 2A supporters have been won over by Al Sharpton? Sharpton doesn't use foul language like this guy. You aren't going to win over people by using every profanity in the book and inventing some new ones.

As far as the mayor's comments that he will help you and die for you the same can be said for many "libitards".

Many here complain about police abusing authority. I'll bet one of this guy's reasons for wanting to be chief is he could sign off on a letter and get his own "unobtainable for the rest of us" full auto AK.

I don't care if its a town of 700 or 700,000 a LEO has to control their emotions in order to do their job. This guy has a problem doing so. I guess they have no psychological screening for police in Gliberton.

On the whole profanity thing... How many of you complaining about it DON'T use it....

Just curious...

We put a lot of power into words... I use profanity all the time... To me it's just another word...words used to show emotion...

...and what then? We need to win people over to our side to help replace politicians that don't want to ensure our rights. How many 2A supporters have been won over by Al Sharpton? Sharpton doesn't use foul language like this guy. You aren't going to win over people by using every profanity in the book and inventing some new ones.

As far as the mayor's comments that he will help you and die for you the same can be said for many "libitards".

Many here complain about police abusing authority. I'll bet one of this guy's reasons for wanting to be chief is he could sign off on a letter and get his own "unobtainable for the rest of us" full auto AK.

I don't care if its a town of 700 or 700,000 a LEO has to control their emotions in order to do their job. This guy has a problem doing so. I guess they have no psychological screening for police in Gliberton.

I used to think like you... Win them over... Show them the logic... Got news for you.. How many years have nj gun owners been calmly explaining how useless the awb is... How is that working out? People just don't care... I'm not saying screaming on the interwebs is going to get anything done... But history has shown that so far politely asking is not working either...

[quote name="GRIZ" post="755904" timestamp=

Many here complain about police abusing authority. I'll bet one of this guy's reasons for wanting to be chief is he could sign off on a letter and get his own "unobtainable for the rest of us" full auto AK full auto anything is not unobtainable neither is short barrel rifles or silencers we can have all those things outside of jersey

I don't care if its a town of 700 or 700,000 a LEO has to control their emotions in order to do their job. This guy has a problem doing so. I guess they have no psychological screening police in Gliberton.

As many others have said trying to act like mr Rodgers all sensitively trying to "win them over" or trying to intelligently debate them has only given them steam in taking more and more from the soft talking "gun nuts"....we have gained 0... And only lost/given up rights/freedoms....they don't care if people that own guns are polite or ignorant rednecks .... Their neighbor or some old mountain goat doesn't matter it's the guns they hate and want gone....thinking anything other than this is kidding yourself....

Posting utube rants is ridiculous and not going to change anything.....but neither is trying to be a peace ambassador ....

Go ahead. Act like him and encourage others to do the same if you think nothing else is working. See how far that gets us. My prediction - gun control measures get passed like sh!t through a goose.

You want to stave off Gun control, you are going to need more than those of us that "get it". Like it or not, you are going to need the Police - as they are perceived to be the face of Safety to the sheep that think they won't have to save themselves and don't need guns - to back us, and you need the people to back the Police, to trust the opinion of Chiefs and Sheriffs, to refute the claims of politicians that this push for stricter gun control is promulgated by the Police, or in the interest of Police safety. We don't want those on the fence - as stated earlier, they are the only ones that matter at this point as they still haven't made up their minds - to fear the Police or not trust their motivations or judgement.

We got a lot of traction and a lot of good press when the Sheriffs and Chiefs in some of the ban states got together and said they wouldn't enforce bullshit laws. The professionalism they showed went a long way to influence a lot of fence sitters.

For the record - I don't have a problem with the profanity, it's the "total package" of his statement. It's the "out of control"-ness, absence of professionalism, and the lack of maturity.

So what? This statement describes most of the Cops that I know, and I bet every Cop on this board - You don't see us making videos like that.

GRIZ said

I get the same impression after watching a number of his vids. He brags about carrying a full auto "M16" to a room full of people, he refers to himself in the third person as "Chief Kessler" (which is also the you tube page he used for posting his "rant", so much for not using the "color of is authority" when ranting), he posts instructional videos that make Yeager look like the epitome of professionalism. Frankly, he is "that guy". We all knew "that guy" at some point in our lives and I bet we all hated him.

If this "Chief" was putting out videos with statements like "F U C K the gun nuts. They don't need all those guns! Kerry is right! The UN is right, ban them all" you all would lose your minds. You would be calling for his head on a pike. Passions and emotion work both ways.