vladtepes

Angry pa police chief

I'm sorry... But I think your totally wrong.... There are a handful of large metropolitan area that would love to go the way of NJ and NY.. But for every individual that wants that you have several that have views similar to this officer... Also understand PA is vast, and not represented by those relatively small urban areas...

In pa they say

"If you try to have a gun rights rally here at this park you will be in trouble.."

And not only do the people show up but they blatantly defy the town and show up with guns....

What you have a good chance of seeing are small urban clusters with "special rules" like Philly... But good luck with sweeping state wide regulations...

I'm not hoping, reality is already there. For example, Pat Toomey and his gun bill or your new AG who is chipping away. It's happening in slow motion but happening nonetheless. Places like Utah and Arizona are increasing gun rights, but not Pennsylvania.

I'm not hoping, reality is already there. For example, Pat Toomey and his gun bill or your new AG who is chipping away. It's happening in slow motion but happening nonetheless. Places like Utah and Arizona are increasing gun rights, but not Pennsylvania.

The AG attacked reciprocity because it was sold as a problem in Philly... But that is moot to the average pa resident...

And as far as gun bills... There are a million bills suggested... Suggesting a bill does not mean it will pass...

The AG attacked reciprocity because it was sold as a problem in Philly... But that is moot to the average pa resident...

And as far as gun bills... There are a million bills suggested... Suggesting a bill does not mean it will pass...

Manchin Toomey was the closest thing we've had to reviving the assault weapons ban. It's not just another bill.

i'm not saying you're wrong.....but really? what would you think of someone that deserted their own mother, knowing that they were needed by her?

there is no such thing as deserting someone.... 

the reason my grandmother came is because she wanted to still be around me... she understood that I at 35 needed to build MY life... and I did not want my life to be in NJ... so she came out for a year and gave it a try.. I am very close with her.. but she missed her older friends in NJ... and the community she was living in.. that is where she is comfortable.. we were simply at a crossroads... you will meet people.. and you will lose people your whole life... that is the nature of life... I am happy in the mountains of PA.. she is happy at the NJ shore.. so we go where we go where we are happy... 

PA is the strongest 2A state there is. We have the most carry permits (with only 13 million people), 4x the carry rate of Texas, and more NRA members than any state regardless of size.

There isn't much room to increase gun rights in PA, other than Constitutional Carry. But we have indeed been increasing those rights in the 5 years I have lived here anyway.

- We beefed up our Stand Your Ground "Light" (NRA messed it up at the last minute)

- Starting 2009 all police are trained annually that they may not detain or command ID for Open Carry

It's getting better every day, not worse. This thing with the AG is a weird and unexpected quirk, not a trend. You can be sure that won't happen again. She can't change gun rights at all, only reciprocity agreements. Nobody knew that was possible, and it might even not be kosher.

If it were not for Newtown, we would have passed some of the following:

- End vehicle handgun restrictions without LTCF

- Constitutional Carry

- Made in PA (firearms freedom act for NFA firearms made in PA)

- End handgun purchase record

And they WILL be done as it stands today, just not at the moment.

If Toomey-Manchin had been successful, and you can THANK PENNSYLVANIANS in large part for their defeat, this law would have also passed:

- H.B. 357 - PA will not honor federal gun laws

In PA the State Senate is far more liberal than the House. There is no way any single anti-gun bill would pass the Senate. The House? LOL, forget it.

I don't know what the future holds. But as it stands, if somebody wants to push gun control in PA, they have a long hard road ahead of them. It's currently FAR more likely that pro-gun legislation will be passed than any scent of gun control once the Newtown/Zimmerman BS fades and they are done fighting over budgets and union issues.

with all due respect.. 

you can bash all you want... but he is a single individual standing up and making his voice heard on a topic he cares a great deal about... 

I'm not going to bash at all.  I am going to guess that this will be the final public statement that gets him fired for sure.   

I'm not going to bash at all.  I am going to guess that this will be the final public statement that gets him fired for sure.   

which would be entirely unreasonable.. since being a law enforcement officer should not negate your right to speak your mind.. especially when the content of your statement is I support the constitution and have a problem with those that dont.. 

which would be entirely unreasonable.. since being a law enforcement officer should not negate your right to speak your mind.. especially when the content of your statement is I support the constitution and have a problem with those that dont.. 

I agree. It would be unreasonable if that is all he said. But I'm guessing if he is fired it would be for the calling certain politicians and other people libtards, cocksuckers and telling them to go eph themselves...part of his videos. There aren't too many jobs where you can tell someone they are a cocksucking libtard and expect them not to fire you...

I agree. It would be unreasonable if that is all he said. But I'm guessing if he is fired it would be for the calling certain politicians and other people libtards, cocksuckers and telling them to go eph themselves...part of his videos. There aren't too many jobs where you can tell someone they are a cocksucking libtard and expect them not to fire you...

If he was not working... He can say whatever the hell he wants...

True, and he did. Doesn't mean things don't have consequences. You know that.

Many jobs, especially one where you are in the public eye, the employer has the ability to reprimand people for conduct done outside of work. This is reality.  Agreement is not conditional. 

For the record, I'm not supporting action against him. I'm not supporting him calling people cock sucking libtards. I'm stating the reality of things. To represent a reprimand as unreasonable itself is unreasonable.

The 1st Amendment states 'Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech'. It doesn't say that you have the freedom to not be fired from your job. 

with all due respect..

you can bash all you want... but he is a single individual standing up and making his voice heard on a topic he cares a great deal about...

Your are right, Vlad. He is a Single individual standing up and making his voice heard. That can be a very difficult thing.

And I know that now I am just taking pot shots, but c'mon. Seriously? Under Armor hat, Class B "Militarized" Uniform, a dip in his lip, not to mention the bad grammar and punctuation... And isn't he a Dept of One? "Aid his police force"? shouldn't it be "Aid Him"?

If you want to be taken seriously and represent a demographic as a leader and a professional, the BE professional. It is really quite simple.

*side note: How come 4 pistol mags, machine guns for a 1 man PD and BDUs on this guy is OK, but anywhere else it is "Militarized"?

Posting on a YouTube channel called "Chief Kessler" while shooting Department weapons (regardless who bought them, if the Town owns them now then it is Dept property not his)m and possibly even agency bought ammo. That is no longer "not working".

And like it or not, no, you can't do whatever you want when you are off. We have a clause in our contract about conduct unbecoming - even off duty. It's there when you get hired and it is made clear to you. If you don't like it, don't take the Job.

A lot of guys here are always talking about holding Cops to a higher standard, and they are right. Well now is your chance. Hold him to a higher standard. You can't let him slide just because you agree with his message, that would be hypocritical.

I personally think if or when he gets fired the chances of some kind of battle starting goes up a whole lot.

Keep hoping for your revolution Shawn. It will come... :rolleyes:

Your are right, Vlad. He is a Single individual standing up and making his voice heard. That can be a very difficult thing.

And I know that now I am just taking pot shots, but c'mon. Seriously? Under Armor hat, Class B "Militarized" Uniform, a dip in his lip, not to mention the bad grammar and punctuation... And isn't he a Dept of One? "Aid his police force"? shouldn't it be "Aid Him"?

If you want to be taken seriously and represent a demographic as a leader and a professional, the BE professional. It is really quite simple.

*side note: How come 4 pistol mags, machine guns for a 1 man PD and BDUs on this guy is OK, but anywhere else it is "Militarized"?

Posting on a YouTube channel called "Chief Kessler" while shooting Department weapons (regardless who bought them, if the Town owns them now then it is Dept property not his)m and possibly even agency bought ammo. That is no longer "not working".

And like it or not, no, you can't do whatever you want when you are off. We have a clause in our contract about conduct unbecoming - even off duty. It's there when you get hired and it is made clear to you. If you don't like it, don't take the Job.

A lot of guys here are always talking about holding Cops to a higher standard, and they are right. Well now is your chance. Hold him to a higher standard. You can't let him slide just because you agree with his message, that would be hypocritical.

Keep hoping for your revolution Shawn. It will come... :rolleyes:

for the record I never held cops to a higher standard... I hold them to the same standard as I would any other individual... I have said a million times.. cops are people just like anyone else... some are awesome.. some suck.... the only standard I hold them to is fairly enforcing the law while working... just like I would expect a  dr. to correctly perform a medical procedure.. 

Every cop who has worn his/her uniform for even a little bit knows that they gave up their freedom of speech the moment they pinned the badge on.  Pin the badge on the front and a gigantic bullseye on your back for ALL sides to take shots at you.  Bringing this kind of attention to yourself is self destructive.  

I wonder how long has he worked there, how much of his life is invested, how much of his wife and children's lives are invested in what he does?  I really don't know the answer and I could be absolutely wrong, but sometimes its easy to be the squeaky wheel when you have little to lose.

Myself and "maybe" some other guys/gals here have invested our entire adult lives in what we do, spending thousands of hours training, working and bleeding for the belief in what we are doing is making a difference.  People with investments like that do not knowingly throw them away.  We are well aware of the Constitution and we quietly watch to make sure it is upheld up to the point of giving our lives for it.

Even if George Orwell's prophecy comes to fruition one day a smart person would still not rock the boat knowing full well they could do so much more from the inside without throwing themselves away in a futile gesture.   

This type of conversation needs to take place over a beer at the local pub vs. being written on public forum.  Add beer in at a public place with no recorders and you'd get the answers your looking for!  :) 

BTW....If any type of takeover actually did occur don't think for a second this NJ Forum wouldn't be one of the FIRST places scrutinized by the "authority" to identify the troublemakers and "do away" with them.  It would make their jobs so much easier tracking everybody down and paying them visits knowing how you feel, estimating your abilities and coupled with your firearms paperwork they would know pretty close what kind of weapons you possess.  The Germans were masters of record keeping/tracking when they took control and "did away with" people.

Just say'in   :)

Quick...let's start with Vlad!!!!   ;)

I hold police to a higher standard just like the academy says to do for themselves.  They have an AWESOME responsibility and as such, the standard merits it

I hold an officer to the standard of fairly enforcing the law and having a good moral base... but once he clocks out and his badge is off.. he can be who he is.. if he wants to scream out defending gun owners.. OR he wants to scream out against us.... he should have the right to speak his mind.. 

All the ones who go public against guns sure dont have this problem.

It seems to me that all of the ones who speak out in a professional manner for 2A rights don't have this problem either...

So what makes his case different do you think?

He had a $200 a year allowance for equipment and uniforms. Everything else was out of his pocket.

That alone would piss me off

What does that have to do with anything?

The only things on me when I work that the town paid for is my Badge, my radio, my vest, and my Pistol. Everything else I pay out of my own pocket - boots, uniforms, leather gear, batteries, flashlights, notebooks, etc... I don't get a $200 year uniform allowance.

And I am not pissed about it. Again, this is something you know when you take the Job. Don't like it, don't sign up.

That's like guys complaining about working on Holidays. Drives me nuts when guys boo-hoo about missing Christmas dinner - You knew this was a 24/7 job when you decided to take the job. What are you bitching about?

Apparently they have recordings of one of the local politicians pressuring people to speak and vote against him. They played the audio.

The news was asking a lot of questions about the machine gun that were bought and some were transferred to other police departments or class 3 dealers. He explained to them how that all works. Which was nice to hear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD