vladtepes

Angry pa police chief

Liberal media is reporting the town has been taken over by militia but the news won't report it. Here is the pic one site is using

Posted Image

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/gilberton-pennsylvania-police-chief-kessler-blocks-town-meeting-armed-militia-video

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm just going to post this quote from the article here..............

In the meantime, a petition at WhiteHouse.gov asking the Pennsylvania National Guard to “remove Kessler and his thugs” is gaining support. The petition has accrued nearly 1,000 signatures since being posted several days ago.

See anything strange? 

Liberal media is reporting the town has been taken over by militia but the news won't report it. Here is the pic one site is using

u8e7a6ar.jpg

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/gilberton-pennsylvania-police-chief-kessler-blocks-town-meeting-armed-militia-video

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

from Shawn's link:

"At the meeting, more than 100 of Kessler’s militia members showed up. The men, all carrying firearms, blocked the entrance to the Gilberton Town Hall and prevented residents from going inside."

Way to go Kessler! The Constitution is all about you and the 2A. Use your militia the same way Hitler used the SA (Sturmabeitlung aka Brownshirts) before he came to power. Prevent those citizens from engaging in the democratic process with armed thugs. Is that Kessler's plan?

The article goes on to say that those brave souls who managed to get past Kessler's stormtroopers didn't have anything good to say about Kessler. Kessler is getting to look more like a Nazi.

I'm just going to post this quote from the article here..............

See anything strange?

No, read on.

Such as Looking to violate Pose comitatus ?....oh wait that's outdated like the constitution and needs to be rewritten/done away with :banghead:

Law enforcement is a state function of the National Guard. The governor sending in the National Guard is not a violation of Posse Comitatus. Done all the time in natural disasters and riots. sending in federal troops would be a violation.

*side note: How come 4 pistol mags, machine guns for a 1 man PD and BDUs on this guy is OK, but anywhere else it is "Militarized"?

I asked that in post #130 and am still waiting for a response.

There is a difference between the SA and Kessler's thugs though. The SA were not armed.

Just going bt the article you posted. Seems most people want to get rid of Kessler.

That article is a website called opposing views. Super liberal. I heard the press conference with Kessler and his lawyer and also the recordings oh a town official pressuring people to go against Kessler. Apparently the 2 of them haven't gotten along for years. Ill see if I can find a recording of that.

As far as being militarized by having guns that he personally paid for. I see it more as he bought toys. I think one would have been fine but its not like it came from tax payer dollars.

Ill get back to my point here. Gotta run

Law enforcement is a state function of the National Guard. The governor sending in the National Guard is not a violation of Posse Comitatus. Done all the time in natural disasters and riots. sending in federal troops would be a violation.

Sorry you are right... just did a little research (which i should have done prior to posting)...but I just thought since they deployed into war zones etc... That they would be considered military and fall under the guidelines of military....

Sorry you are right... just did a little research (which i should have done prior to posting)...but I just thought since they deployed into war zones etc... That they would be considered military and fall under the guidelines of military....

No problem its a common misunderstanding. The Guard is federalized when it is deployed in combat overseas. The only requirement for the Guard to be federalized is for The POTUS to say so.

No, read on.

You didn't find it odd people were petitioning the white house for use of the PA National Guard instead of the Governor of Pennsylvania? Maybe I'm just weird then. I found that odd.

The article goes on to say that those brave souls who managed to get past Kessler's stormtroopers didn't have anything good to say about Kessler. Kessler is getting to look more like a Nazi.

I can find a thousand articles that state all lawful gun owners are complete lunatic right wing extremists... does that make it so?

I was not there so I certainly can not say.. but I am also not going to rest all of my faith in the contents of a handful of articles.. when the media has shown a history of being extremely anti gun.. 

You didn't find it odd people were petitioning the white house for use of the PA National Guard instead of the Governor of Pennsylvania? Maybe I'm just weird then. I found that odd.

Not odd. A lot of people don't know how things work. I've seen people petition the White House on that silly website for all kinds of things the POTUS has no authority to do like change state gun laws. You can start a petition there for anything. It doesn't have to be legal or make any sense. People do all kinds of stuff contacting politicians to do stuff they don't have the authority to do.

What I'd like to see is an investigation to prosecute any of Kessler's goons who interfered with people entering the town hall (if they did do that) for civil rights violations.

I can find a thousand articles that state all lawful gun owners are complete lunatic right wing extremists... does that make it so?

I was not there so I certainly can not say.. but I am also not going to rest all of my faith in the contents of a handful of articles.. when the media has shown a history of being extremely anti gun..

Vlad I quoted the article and commented on what it said. The whole truth will be known on this eventually.

This type of conversation needs to take place over a beer at the local pub vs. being written on public forum.  Add beer in at a public place with no recorders and you'd get the answers your looking for!   :)

as long as no one has an android phone......

Not odd. A lot of people don't know how things work. I've seen people petition the White House on that silly website for all kinds of things the POTUS has no authority to do like change state gun laws. You can start a petition there for anything. It doesn't have to be legal or make any sense. People do all kinds of stuff contacting politicians to do stuff they don't have the authority to do.

What I'd like to see is an investigation to prosecute any of Kessler's goons who interfered with people entering the town hall (if they did do that) for civil rights violations.

That's a good point. I guess it really isn't odd at all, more stupid than anything.

Also, yes, if people really did interfere and prevent people from entering, that is certainly a big issue. I'm not sure I believe those claims however...

So true. Another raving madman shouting obscenities and name calling doesn't really reinforce our cause. It makes him look like a madman. Tis actually may be a cop that some forum members would like though ...lol

So you're saying the smiling, peace loving...rational gun owner has won people over to full support of the 2A? No!!!!!!!! It's people like each one of us that have a passion for firearms. I've been to many, many rallies and yes, the smiling gun owner has not fit the narrative of the MSM and I've been harassed, threatened and "persecuted" along with other freedom loving patriots.

I've listened to this guy speak at a few rallies and he's actually very articulate, rational and to the point. However, I feel his passion because I'm really fed up with these Marxists on both sides of the aisles lying, slandering and cursing us left and right. Heck, everytime I'm around my in laws I have to defend a God given (actual) written Right. It is getting frustrating... I spend a good portion of my time online defending freedom, writing Reps, going to Rallies, talking to people, etc, etc, etc...I have a job and family and it's getting very frustrating being called "hating, angry Krackers" all the time. Especially when I go to work, pay my taxes, take care of a family and abide by THE LAW...ALWAYS!

Then I come up on these sites to be in agreement on ONE THING and time after time hear the "tin foil hat...crazy guy" comments. My goodness, no wonder we have a hard time convincing others when we don't always agree on one common thing....passionate gun ownership.

If you can honestly say you think everything is fine and you're not feeling a little of his passion, then I don't know how to convince ALL gun owners on this single, eagreed upon issue. 

So you're saying the smiling, peace loving...rational gun owner has won people over to full support of the 2A? No!!!!!!!! It's people like each one of us that have a passion for firearms. I've been to many, many rallies and yes, the smiling gun owner has not fit the narrative of the MSM and I've been harassed, threatened and "persecuted" along with other freedom loving patriots.

I've listened to this guy speak at a few rallies and he's actually very articulate, rational and to the point. However, I feel his passion because I'm really fed up with these Marxists on both sides of the aisles lying, slandering and cursing us left and right. Heck, everytime I'm around my in laws I have to defend a God given (actual) written Right. It is getting frustrating... I spend a good portion of my time online defending freedom, writing Reps, going to Rallies, talking to people, etc, etc, etc...I have a job and family and it's getting very frustrating being called "hating, angry Krackers" all the time. Especially when I go to work, pay my taxes, take care of a family and abide by THE LAW...ALWAYS!

Then I come up on these sites to be in agreement on ONE THING and time after time hear the "tin foil hat...crazy guy" comments. My goodness, no wonder we have a hard time convincing others when we don't always agree on one common thing....passionate gun ownership.

If you can honestly say you think everything is fine and you're not feeling a little of his passion, then I don't know how to convince ALL gun owners on this single, eagreed upon issue.

Yeah this sounds about right

They are not "Kessler's goons." They are people going there to show their support. It's a demonstration, or vigil.

People in jersey see guns and think somebody must be exerting some sort of control or authority. Non-sequitur.

If anybody is committing crimes, they should be prosecuted. On the opposite end of the spectrum, there is safety in armed numbers from frivolous prosecution and abuse of authority. An 18 year-old kid will have his rights violated faster than 5 armed Men.

This is false.

National Guard members can, and very often *are*, employed by rescue organizations at the state level. If the governor, state, or sometimes county organizations declare a state of emergency, NG reserves can be activated / employed at the state/county level to aid in security.

In these scenarios, the NG always acts as a security force. They do not directly assist in rescues, except to provide equipment, vehicles, armed transport, and helo support. Most local level organizations don't have these kind of resources, hence the direct need for the NG at the state level. They do not make arrests, nor do they attempt to enforce any state laws. The NG stood guard on the roads during Sandy, protecting further criminal entry, while criminal activity was occurring just beyond their road blocks. Law enforcement is up to the NJSP / county sheriff / LPD.

then why would they be called in this scenario to "remove" an officer for office?just to watch? The inference is to use them to forcefully ...but as griz had pointed out they are not bound by posse comitatus...so the "force" of military ...same toys(hand me downs) ... But the loophole that in due time no doubt will be exploited(not saying this case per say but im sure at some point in the future) ....given the current trends of govts it doesn't seem that far fetched to me......Just saying....

The NG is not there to "fight the militia", nor to support the antis.  They would be there to protect the interests of the US Constitution as federal law, during times when any state infringing on those laws fails to do so or is unable to do so for any reason / emergency. 

LOL.

Hehehe...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA