BlueLineFish

Crazy Revolver Purchase

That's a 100 yard revolver!  But wait a minute!  How many Cops can hit a target 100 yards away?  Answer:  Joe CAN!

10" barrel?  I have 8 3/8 in .44 mag and yours looks bigger than mine, lol! :maninlove:  :fan:

And I've taken mine to USPSA Indoor Action, lol!  I just tell 'em I'm making-up for my "shortcomings".......

Dave, I tried to wear a holster for my 8 3/8 686 one night for PPC, after one round I went back to my gun bag. It was crazy how high I had to lift the gun out of the holster, the people next to me were having a good time laughing at me!

Mike,

One night at Indoor Action (more than a year or two ago now) one of the last two Stages was a Par Time Drill on a close-up USPSA Target (approx. 7 yds if memory is correct).  Everybody laughed at the sight of my Mighty .44 Magnum in its' Uncle Mike's holster..........   Until the buzzer sounded and somehow I drew it from a surrender-start, then managed to pump five rounds of hot lead into the target in just 2.68 seconds, with hits consisting of:  3-Alfa's, 2-Charlie's, and 1-Delta!  Only trouble is the Par Time was set for 2.5 sec. and I was penalized for running slightly over (trigger already actuated 3/4 way at sound of second "beep", so it was going to go BANG at that point no matter what I did, lol!) by a mere .18 sec.....

After THAT performance that even surprised ME, suddenly a lot less folks in the League were giving me funny looks and pointing at my long barrel, lol!   I'm just there for the FUN of it, and I LOVE doing things that are somewhat UNIQUE.  I don't think anyone else in the Club has ever tried doing what I did, prior to or after my attempt.  So you just keep having fun with that Hogleg and don't worry about all of the Folks funnin' ya!

See ya around the Range!

Dave