mintbore

A new level of suckness....a lesson for all.

First off...all is well, no one hurt....(even my boxers survived) This is what happens when a round just doesn't sound "right" and you fail to check your barrel. I was sighting in a new scope. I fire..went bang, but felt light and nothing on the target. It was the first round of a newly installed scope so no big surprise to not be on paper. But (stupid me) I don't check the barrel and fire again...BOOM!!! After the report all I hear is "SPROINGGG" as my barrel turns into a tuning fork.  You can clearly see where the preceeding squib failed to leave the barrel. These were reloads from a respectable source in which I have fired nearly a thousand without incident.

Not too proud of this, but I put it out there to remind all that an accident can be just one missed action away...

SAM_4217_zps39665e10.jpgSAM_4218_zps2e34593e.jpgSAM_4219_zpsb73b8be4.jpg

Thanks for sharing this experience with us, glad your ok.

The first time I heard of a squib was this past Sunday.  At a Utah CCW class at the Heritage Guild of Easton. The instructor showed the class a S&W 357 barrel that had about 12 squib rounds in it.

Thanks for sharing this experience with us, glad your ok.

The first time I heard of a squib was this past Sunday.  At a Utah CCW class at the Heritage Guild of Easton. The instructor showed the class a S&W 357 barrel that had about 12 squib rounds in it.

That barrel is crazy! I seen that a few times

did you also see the barrel someone put the buffalo bore round in by mistake ?

That is always impressive to see how much damage one bad round can inflict.  I'm glad you are OK.

Maybe you can make it into a SBR now...just cut it down at the end of the stock! :D

Seeing stuff like this makes me rethink ever just wearing my glasses for shooting.  I usually put in contacts to go shooting so I can wear shooting glasses, but some days I get lazy and don't wanna put in the contacts...and will simply wear prescription sunglasses...  It doesn't happen often, but does(did?) happen, and this is what makes me rethink stupid decisions like that...

Thanks for sharing!