EWC88

Possibly lost SS card

So I can't seem to find it yet. When I get home I'm going be going through everything in my room and safe. If I can not find it, what all steps do/should I take, and where so I go to get one? I'm located in Washington Township (aka Sewell)

I believe you have to file a police report if your SS card is lost/stolen. Then just contact your local SS office and request a new one. You'll most likely have to come up with numerous points of ID/legal status and maybe even the police report itself. I did this about 15 years ago so maybe things have changed.

There is no need for a police report, unless you want to.  I needed one a few years back as I never had the original from the last millennium.  Just went to the SS office with a bunch of ID and they got me a new one.

Ok cool, yea I have no clue where it is and last time I saw it was when I went to police station months ago for license and permit for gun. Hopefully its somewhere in safe or desk, but if not I'll just have to redo.

Why do you carry it? I have never been asked to show it so I never carried it. If I did need it I would just carry it for that one time.  I just memorized my SS number as all veterans have. I thought about carrying it once but then realized that if I lost my wallet I was screwed. I guess you realize that now.