redtornado23

Saying hi from North Jersey, glad i found the forum...

Just a quick shout out to everyone here, my buddy Mark told me about the forum and finally got me to apply for my FID/P2P after a lifetime of procrastination.  The is week 5 and i haven't heard a peep in regard to anything being ready - although i know my references had letters mailed to them less than a week after i submitted my application.  I was fingerprinted shortly after that...which was 3 weeks ago, so with some luck maybe only another couple of weeks to go.

Anyway, i hope to be an active member here, not that i can give much insight, as i'm not even a gun owner yet...but i'm a quick learner and plan on being active at my local range(s) an get togethers as well.

Thanks to everyone here for what looks to be a well informed group of people who don't mind sharing their knowledge.

again, thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  i've been doing my best to browse and read as much as i can.  i'm waiting for both my FPID and P2P to finally come through, and yes, i'm anxious to finally own a Glock...something i've always wanted - but the AR Discussion Forum has really fired me up.  there are some beautiful AR's out there, another club i hope to join soon.

Tunaman, thanks.  I have a friend in Rutherford who i've gone to Gun for Hire with a couple of times.  I already plan on going to Meltzer's to buy my Glock.  My dad was good friends with (i keep wanting to say Billy, but i think it's Izzy) so it will cool to buy my first gun where i know he spent a lot of time (and money).  He was a big hunter and fisher back in the day.

Well, the wait was definitely worth it.  I received a letter this past Saturday that all my paperwork was processed and ready to be picked up...so this morning i received my FID and P2P after starting the process on July 1st. The permit wasn't in my hands 30 minutes before i had my first handgun - a brand new Glock 23.  I'm looking forward to giving it it's first cleaning and putting some 40 cal down range.  To say i'm excited would be an understatement.  :dancing: