Sign in to follow this  
Johnny

1911 Replacement Trigger Options

I have somewhere between 500-600 rounds through my Sig 1911 Stainless and so far it has run flawlessly.It is my first 1911. It feels great in my hand with the exception of the trigger. I do not really care for the texture of the face of it. It has grooves/ridges on the face and I would prefer a smooth face. According to Sig it is a 5 lb. trigger pull. I would like to get that into the neighborhood of 3.5 lbs. Looking at Midway they have about 29 different triggers to choose from. This one has a smooth face and seems to have good reviews.  http://www.midwayusa.com/product/215677/cylinder-and-slide-medium-solid-trigger-1911-aluminum-silver

Anyone have an opinion on it? It also comes as short or long. My hands are not small so I would guess the medium or long would be the one to go for. Midway says that it should be installed by a competent gunsmith, which I am not. I have built an AR, did a couple of full Saiga conversions, swapped trigger and hammer on 92FS and springs on revolver without any problems. Based on that would a trigger swap on a 1911 seem to be within reach? Any other triggers out there you would recommend I look at?

Changing the trigger won't have any effect on lightening trigger pull weight unless your current trigger is dragging on something.

Sear, disconect, hammer and springs all have something to do with trigger pull weight -  

Changing the trigger shoe and bow is fairly straight forward but you do have to take the frame all the way down to pieces

Not a huge issue, just pay attention and follow some sort of instructions 

Changing the trigger won't have any effect on lightening trigger pull weight unless your current trigger is dragging on something.

Sear, disconect, hammer and springs all have something to do with trigger pull weight -  

Changing the trigger shoe and bow is fairly straight forward but you do have to take the frame all the way down to pieces

Not a huge issue, just pay attention and follow some sort of instructions 

Just keep in mind that working on a 1911 isn't like working on a Glock. Parts may require fitting and aren't always just drop in and go.

Just keep in mind that working on a 1911 isn't like working on a Glock. Parts may require fitting and aren't always just drop in and go.

Most likely that trigger will need fitting --  You certainly don't want it to drag on anything and make your trigger pull worse...

Glock parts are just drop in????    I've never even held a glock.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. From what I have gathered the Sig comes with pretty good parts its just that I find the trigger to be uncomfortable after a while with the textured face. I'm going to watch alot of videos before I decide on whether I will do this myself or not as I have never worked on a 1911 and don't want to mess anything up. I think I could handle the trigger swap but I don't know if I want to attempt to mess with any of the parts involved in pull weight. And by the way, what's a Glock?   :unknw: