mcbethr

Best Italian Restaurants in NJ

Pasta Pomodoro in Voorhees NJ - side note they have a lot of gluten free options that a very good for those of you who are gluten intolerant.

You know, I went there and wasn't that impressed.  But the Gluten free options do give people a chance to eat pasta.

I have been wanting to try that place by 1LTCAP's service station.  I think it's Amici Resturant.  It was Michael's.

Bona Sera in Red Bank is pretty dang good!

Teressa's in Westfield is excellent as well!!!

Antonio's Trattoria in Wall township is a fairly new restaurant and have not had a bad meal there!

Buono Sera in Red Bank = cougarville

They migrated when Ashes closed down.

Buono Sera in Red Bank = cougarville

They migrated when Ashes closed down.

amen, not to mention they used jarred sauce and spruce it up a bit.  It's the worst food I've ever had in Red Bank imho.  The meatballs are frozen kind, God awful place with desperate divorcees only good for a last call if desperate (on the male side :gaming: )

Clearly, everyone has their favorites.  But it's virtually impossible to name a "best" Italian (or for that matter, and other kind of) restaurant.

For a number of educated opinions, check out this month's issue of New Jersey Monthly, which features a selection of restaurants by categories.

Plus, it has News 12's Roxanne Evans on the cover, making it almost worth the money for that picture alone.

If you want fresh and fancy, Luke Palladino's in Northfield is probably the best place in South Jersey.  BYOB if you go.  Best fresh spaghetti if that's what you're looking for would be Joe Italiano's in Hammonton.  Only place I've had pasta with a texture that matches his is in Rome. 

Methinks you are going to the wrong restaurants in the wrong part of NJ.

You might be correct.  I have very discerning taste, and as such, I tend to not go to dinner too often.  When I do I usually prefer chinese, but only because I can't make it as well at home, or a good bacon cheeseburger and steak fries with a draft beer.

But that said I stand by my statement.

I won't speak for you, as you may also have very discerning taste.

For me to consider an Italian restaurant good, I would consider the menu first.  Are they cooking things with focus on regional specificity?  Seasonality?  Are they making their own pasta?

A house salad, veal parm and a canolli isn't what I would consider a good Italian meal.   Osso bucco, gnocchi with pesto, grilled pulpo...now we are talking.

Another restaurant I would consider good, if you want authentic Italian food with an Americanized twist would be Basil T's in Red Bank.  Victor does a nice job there.

I used to hang there when it was a cigar-friendly joint, so I'm going back a few years, lol!  Used to be able to smoke stogies right at your table!  AHHH, the old days!

I was just gonna type Tutta Pasta in Hoboken!  When did they close?

Early March I think? Washington Street is a tough place to keep a store. Much turnover the past few years. Supposedly the location will become an Apple store? I haven't walked by recently to check.

Solo Bella is up there on my list, always good food there!

Lubrano's in wall on 34 is a good spot as well!

There is one on rt166 in toms river as well, cant remember the name, went there for my buddy's groomsman dinner, very good. 

I actually used to manage a valet company that parked for a good amount of the places that were named here, but i didnt eat at very many and most of the owners never paid their debt to the company....

Early March I think? Washington Street is a tough place to keep a store. Much turnover the past few years. Supposedly the location will become an Apple store? I haven't walked by recently to check.

Parking sucks, and that could have helped to kill it!  Too bad, we enjoyed it so much we'd drive there from the Raritan Bay......

Nino's on rt 9 in Cape May Court House, also in North Wildwood (NW location closed currently). Nino's is a short drive from anywhere in Cape May County. It's the best Italian food I've ever had.

Nino's on rt 9 in Cape May Court House, also in North Wildwood (NW location closed currently). Nino's is a short drive from anywhere in Cape May County. It's the best Italian food I've ever had.

@ home!

Locally, we love this place: Ninuzzo Trattori in Cream Ridge

Have to agree with HOME. Don't think the resturants have the luxury of time to make real gravy. Yes we call it gravy. Only been to one resturant  that was true home made italian food. Even had  the oil floating on of the gravy.  Was  outside of camden, unfortunatly they're not there anymore.