KyleKap19

Steel targets in NJ? Any Reco's?

Hey guys, looking to pick up some steel targets for the range (mostly for 5.56 @ 100 yds) and was curious if anyone has any reco's for NJ?

There's of course options for online, but I'd rather not spend the money to ship.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks guys, appreciate it all the info and suggestions

You ever have experience with the Caldwell Magnum Rifle Gong? Full set up with 10" round steel / 3/8" AR550 for about $120 -- could avoid shipping and do a store pick up at the Heritage Guild.

EFGA doesnt let you use steel anymore? That's where I'd bring this.

EFGA doesnt let you use steel anymore? That's where I'd bring this.

Not since around February of this year I think. Here is a link to discussion on it. You may need to PM someone for access to it if you have not done so. I have been hearing for months that they are "working on" getting some out there but nothing yet. When I was working on getting some steel to shoot it took me about a week to get it. Not sure why it is taking so long.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/50141-no-steel-allowed-for-now/

I got my steel just after EFGA no longer allowed it.  Figures!  :rolleyes:   I got mine off ebay, since I was looking for small targets for my .22s, but don't discount getting them shipped.  I got a 2" and two 4" AR500 gongs for about $20-25 shipped, and I saw some pretty good prices for 8-12" 3/8 and 1/2" AR500 gongs on ebay as well.

If you shoot .17s or .22s, maybe you can shoot the steel at WMAs (if you have a hunting license)?  That's my next hope for what I bought...once I get the license...

If your still looking, half price and free shipping sale ends 8/20. 

http://www.thetargetman.com/product/ipsc-bonanza-12-scale-ipsc-ar500-blow-out-sale/ 

Maybe I'm missing something ---   What I see is regular price is $49.99

Sale price is $42.99 for 1/2 scale IPSC target