Rifleman1

Alabama Law Now Allows Concealed Carry Reciprocity

This was just reported on USA Carry by Luke McCoy and I thought I'd share it...

Alabama Gun Law Changes Go Into Effect Today – Aug 1, 2013

August 1, 2013 | by Luke McCoy

On May 20, 2013, the NRA-supported Senate Bill 286 was signed into law making it a big victory for gun owners across the country. This bill made 8 key changes that restored and protected the Right to Bear Arms in Alabama.  

Even if you do not live in Alabama, these new changes do affect you. One of the changes made was to the Alabama Concealed Carry Reciprocity. Alabama now accepts concealed carry permits from ALL states. We have updated our Concealed Carry Reciprocity Maps to reflect this change. We have also embedded the Alabama Reciprocity Maps at the bottom of this post.

Other changes include:

• Making Alabama a Shall Issue State
  • Sheriffs are now required to use the National Criminal Background Check System (NICS) when performing background checks on concealed carry applicants.
  • Alabama Pistol Permit holders can store their firearm in their vehicle while they are at work.
  • Applicants can choose how long the permit will be valid for from one to five years.
  • Alabama Hunting License holders can store an unloaded rifle or shotgun in their vehicle while they are at work.
  • Alabama State Legislature has total control over firearm, ammunition and firearm accessory regulation and policy to keep them uniform.
  • Castle Doctrine extends into a place of business
  • Transportation of a handgun in a vehicle is allowed without an Alabama Pistol Permit if you are legally permitted to possess the handgun. The handgun must be unloaded, locked in a container or container that is in or affixed securely to the vehicle and out of reach of the driver or any passenger.

Sounds like a helpful site.  A link would be epic.

So Alabama recognizes reciprocity from everyone else, noice.

So the question is, do they issue non-resident CCWs and how many states recognize Alabama? 

Sheriffs are now required to use the National Criminal Background Check System (NICS) when performing background checks on concealed carry applicants.

:resent:

Sounds like a helpful site.  A link would be epic.

So the question is, do they issue non-resident CCWs and how many states recognize Alabama? 

Nope. No nonresident permits in Alabama. 

They weren't really all that "May Issue," it was pretty much "Shall issue or complain and we'll issue" depending.

I spent some time down there a few years ago on more than one occasion. And I carried on the tenuous reciprocity that was "unofficial" opinion of the AG until further notice. Showed my weapon to drunk cops on duty (no typo) and to Federal Marshals investigating a complaint of space aliens in my employ "intercepting secret signals from satellites."

If any of that makes me sound whacko, let me assure you, I cannot be whacko by affiliation. There were no space aliens. Just drunk cops and very aggressive federal marshals.

They drop a Moon Pie from the tallest structure in Mobile on New Years. I was told it was "to make the blacks happy."

When i lived in Bama, you just went to the county sheriff dept, paid 20 bucks, waited 10 minutes while they did the background check, signed your CCW and waited while they laminated it and you were good for the year.  Was a simple quick process!  Can't wait to get back there!

When i lived in Bama, you just went to the county sheriff dept, paid 20 bucks, waited 10 minutes while they did the background check, signed your CCW and waited while they laminated it and you were good for the year.  Was a simple quick process!  Can't wait to get back there!

It's a hella hotter than Ocean County in the Summer. You sure you still good for this? I had people from South Florida and Georgia that did hard labor all day long dropping out in Bama shortly after getting out of their trucks.

I've worked around the equator in both seasons, under the worst conditions a human could work in. I'm a little older now, but Bama is rough.

It's a hella hotter than Ocean County in the Summer. You sure you still good for this? I had people from South Florida and Georgia that did hard labor all day long dropping out in Bama shortly after getting out of their trucks.

I've worked around the equator in both seasons, under the worst conditions a human could work in. I'm a little older now, but Bama is rough.

I lived down there for a few years, I lived on guam which felt like the most humid palce on the planet, ive been to Afghanistan and Arizona which run a pretty close race with each other!... I have felt hot in many different forms.  It may be hotter but it is damn sure not nearly as humid... oh yea and that one cool thing about bama.... ITS NOT JERSEY!

Sounds like a helpful site. A link would be epic.

Here you go...

http://www.usacarry.com/alabama-gun-law-changes/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta