deerpark

What are the "must have" guns for any collection?

Per XDm9-3.8's comment below.  This would primarily be a modern day, starter collection.

Specific make and model would be helpful. 

My thoughts:

Glock 19

Beretta 92FS

Any Sig. 

CZ (dont know enough about the specific models).

1911 (also dont know which ones are considered better/best).

AR15.  Preferably a 6920 if it can be made Jersey compliant (can it?). 

Mosin Nagant (thanks tony357, how could I forget my Mosin!!!???) 

What I would think would be ultimate if money was not a factor.

.45- Handuns: HK45, Colt series 70, Sig P220, Colt USGI

9mm- Glock19, Sig P226, Beretta M9A1

.40- MRI Baby Desert Eagle steel, S&W M&P40, Glock 22

Wheel guns- Colt Python 6", S&W29, S&W 686 4"

Long guns- any quality AR M4 type, Springfield M1A, Springfield M1

Shottie- Mossberg 590A1

Rimfire, Ruger 10/22

Straight dust cover. Actual duty weapon of the military.

US stamped on the slide.

As an MP in the Marine Corps I carried the M9 everyday as a sidearm but don't remember much difference compared to the 92FS which I also own. I personally, like the 92FS Inox Italian made better.

As an MP in the Marine Corps I carried the M9 everyday as a sidearm but don't remember much difference compared to the 92FS which I also own. I personally, like the 92FS Inox Italian made better.

Function is the exact same. However, the M9 gives you a straight dust cover which is much more appealing (opinion), and you get to have US stamped on your slide.

Google Beretta straight dust cover vs slanted dust cover.

Great another thread where everybody lists *glock 19* ...and their fav firearms

Yeah, I will never own one. Not a fan.  MAY acquire a 22 at some point ONLY because my Sub 2000 uses 22 mags. That would be the ONLY reason!!!

That being said, the only MUST haves in my mind are:1911 in .45 and an AR15.

Everything else is preference.

I am moving to Florida next week. My must haves now radically changed.  More mouse guns due to carry in very hot weather.

Per XDm9-3.8's comment below.  This would primarily be a modern day, starter collection.

Specific make and model would be helpful. 

My thoughts:

Glock 19

Beretta 92FS

Any Sig. 

CZ (dont know enough about the specific models).

1911 (also dont know which ones are considered better/best).

AR15.  Preferably a 6920 if it can be made Jersey compliant (can it?). 

Mosin Nagant (thanks tony357, how could I forget my Mosin!!!???) 

Kinda a silly question there are so so many choices out there....If Oboma threatened to tax me if I didn't answer, I would have to go with the truly great stars of Combat which were truly revelutionary weopons: of course the Colt 1911 in 45 acp (or mfr of your choice); and the M1 Garand....there are many others of course but these are on top.

everything out there is preference...  realistically, there are TYPES of firearms that someone 'should' have..  (but not a must)..

Revolver (of some kind..  357 or 38 is a good starting point)..  we have a snubbie SW 640 .38spl.. 

Semi Automatic Pistol (i personally went with the CZ 75B, but everyone else out there and their mothers will say Glock or Sig)..  Caliber is negiotiable.. 9mm is a good starting point

22..  can be a pistol or a rifle.. preferably both..  I happen to have both (M&P22 pistol and M&P 15-22 rifle)...

Shotgun (12GA or 20GA)..  Mossberg, Remington, Winchester, Benelli, etc..  pump action..  nice starting point (i have a Maverick 88)

Regular rifle..  (308, 30-30, etc)..  bolt action..  i dont have one of these yet..  eventually i'll get one

if you are so inclined, an AR or AK..  prices are coming back down..  they are really fun to shoot, they look bad-ass and they piss the anti's off...  again, i dont have one of these yet..

those are my "must have's"..  even though i dont have them all..  thats a good start

I just discussed this with someone, but in general terms, I feel everyone should have at a minimum:

2-4 handguns, my thoughts being 1911 and something from one of the quality/reliable manufacturers (Sig, HK, Beretta, Glock, FN, etc) in a caliber other than .22

a semi-auto centerfire rifle, preferably in a real rifle caliber

a bolt action, preferably with a decent scope, in a larger caliber

1-2 .22 rifles - perhaps 10/22 and a bolt or lever action

a shotgun - pump, semi, 12 or 20ga

a military surplus rifle - I'm thinking Mosin

one 'fun' gun - something kinda pointless for anything other than making you smile, like a Desert Eagle or S&W .500

I would feel covered for just about any situation, from training a new shooter through zombie apocalypse, with everything from the above set and good supply of ammo. 

If I were starting fresh knowing what I know now, I'd probably pick Sig 1911, Sig P226 9mm, Glock 22 .40, unknown AR platform rifle in .223 (and second .22 upper), Savage or Remington .308 heavy barrel bolt action and good glass, Ruger 10/22 takedown, Savage MkII .22 and good glass, Benelli Supernova Tactical, a Mosin, and a FN PS90 (P90 and 50rd mag in a free state) as a basic set... I am quite happy with the set I already do own, and will of course keep expanding.