7-3-2

Rust on my brand new SR1911 :/

Yes but if you research Sr1911 rusting in Google you'll find a similar situation that tool place pretty recently where ruger told the owner it was repairable and replaced the firearm. That to me is enough cause for concern, if its a simple fix then fine but its brand new to me and I paid full price for a new gun. I still think if you bought a new accord and you saw some blemishes you would expect either a discount or for them to correct it. Hell, it might not be Rugers fault like you said BUT if they'll fix it why not let them?

What you are seeing is Ruger deciding that the time of the repair and shipping department is worth less then replacing the gun. It probably costs them less then $300 to make it, and it will cost them more to pay a skilled technician to refinish it.

You can feel free to send it back to them, but I think the price you will pay will be higher. It will probably take longer then you wish, you might have to get a new permit if they send you back a different serial number, you'll have to pay new transfer fees, and at the end of the day because they just took another gun off the shelf it might have the same problems you are looking at now.

It is a very minor blemish on the frame, the hammer will do that right back if you use the gun (it has to, trust us), and you don't know what kind of pain and suffering it will take to get it fixed to say nothing of the total cost.

It might be cheaper and quicker to send it to one of the higher end refinishing shops.

Try mother's polish on the hammer.  My Kimber's barrel had some rust on it when I first got it.  Polished the barrel a little bit, got rid of the rust and made the barrel look better than factory.  Its been fine for over a year without having to reapply.

A couple of dollars and a few minutes of your time won't void the warranty and ,again, should keep you from being separated from your newly acquired pistol

Can't understand your aversion to attempting to remedy the situation yourself, there's nothing to lose

Vlad, if I bought a damn Mitsubishi and found the pain was peeling or pitting within a week you bet I'd bring it back to the dealer and get that mended. My problem is that the thing is 100% brand spanking new and I want it to look that way.

Dude, this is more like some diesel locomotive soot from transit that can be clay barred out of the finish. You could fix the little rust spots yourself for a couple of bucks. The hammer is just simply not going to stay a uniform color as it is not stainless, and it is a part that comes in contact with your sweat and body oils. It's what happens with hammers that are in the white. You can keep dropping cash on shipping all you want, it won't change that fact. 

So Ruger has offered me a prepaid label to have the gun shipped to them but after some elbow grease a pencil eraser and lots of oil I think I have pretty much gotten rid of all my concerns. I might just deal with the rusted hammer and wait and see if the problem persists before sending it out to be tampered with.

If you don't send it back now, I doubt that they will send you a prepaid label a second time for the same problem, when you did not follow thru and send it back to them. Not a bid deal I suppose if you are happy with the job that you did.