Sign in to follow this  

ATI FAT BOY

Similar to a BUL M5 I owned a few years ago, then Kimber made a double stack poly that had a bad frame if I remember back that far. This one seems pretty well made. Too bad it only came with one mag.

Here is the review! In a word POS . Loaded mag, aimed and fired, Nice healthy kick, then nothing. Paddle safety engages after one round. Could not get it to go past firing one round then the engage! Would NOT disengage. Had to clear to disengage! Large POS!. Looking to return this POS!!!

Well, Was told to call this am, did @ 10:36, That is am right? Left another message, NO RETURN CALL! AGAIN. I have a 665.00 dollar Paperweight! I am sorry-single-shot-semi!

First thing I checked was a bump. Visually watched the slide action when I fired! I was in the pits @ CJ. fired, slide recoiled and safety snicked up into safe position. Never heard or saw this. After first time went with a low grip depressing grip safety to watch.

So I'll ask again, how experienced are you with the 1911 platform? 

You are shooting a fairly heavy recoiling, short barrel .45. That has a lot of inertia and depending on your grip and how much you are controlling the recoil you might end up with some of the energy and impulse moving the safety, 

The reason I assume you are not that familiar with the 1911 platform is because the correct grip leaves your strong hand thumb on the safety, almost like a shelf for your thumb. If your thumb is there there is no way the safety can move. 

So given that you are not holding the gun correctly (or the safety couldn't move) I wonder if are also inducing a bit of limp wristing. 

Safety is a rest for the thumb, Safety should NOT push up on recoil, Should not have to push down on safety to hold it in place. And I am NOT blasting away at a forum vender. If you buy an item for 670 and it malfunctions you return to store for a refund or a new item. In this case could not do that. I called with a problem,2X and had to resolve with factory. I did not start blasting away. When I ran my business a customer with a problem took priority! You don't ignore people that buy from you.

And by the way this is about my 35 th 1911. I am very sure of my grip and I am sure I did not limp wrist. What would a limp wrist have to do with the safety clicking up?

Safety is a rest for the thumb, Safety should NOT push up on recoil, Should not have to push down on safety to hold it in place. 

Ok, lets start from the beginning. Do you shoot with the thumb on the safety? If yes then how is it moving up, is it pushing your thumb up? I have a hard time figuring out how exactly that could happen. 

When you flick the safety on and off is there a distinct click and resistance from the detent spring? 

And by the way this is about my 35 th 1911. I am very sure of my grip and I am sure I did not limp wrist. What would a limp wrist have to do with the safety clicking up?

Because limp wristing allows the gun to move backwards while more vertical then it should be thus transferring inertia to the safety. In fact how the heck else would the safety move anyway?

There are only two ways I can think of for the safety to move. Either you are bumping it up (and not riding the safety with your thumb as you should) or you are limp wristing and what should be a mostly front to rear recoil impulse becomes at least partially a bottom towards the top impulse transfer which flicks the safety.