Sign in to follow this  
harrison12281

Glock 19 Problems

So I went to the range last night with a friend of mine. He rented a Glock 19 and I tried it out because I had never shot a glock before, and I am interested in them because of all the positive things said about them. I will chalk it up to being a rental, but what a piece of crap!! The magazine would fall out of the gun, literally drop to the floor after the first round. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Also, one round got so jammed, the slide wouldn't cycle. We notified the safety officer and he had to man handle the gun to get the round out. Is this because it's a rental and has probably been used a ton, or abused? But even if it has been abused and used a ton, isn't that's Glock whole thing? Reliability? Regardless? Let me know guys.

I'm going with the fact that it is a rental, and they likely don't get cleaned and lubed as needed. Rentals do get abused.

I once rented a glock 27 at a range and it sucked. Failure to feeds and failure to eject.

May I ask where you went?

Yeah it was RTSP in flanders. It was really weird. I tried it a couple time and I thought that I might be hitting the mag release with my fingers, but even when I was focusing on not touching it, the mag would drop to the floor. It was awful. Then when we left the range, my friend said, Look, and the 19 is in the rental box with a stove pipe. I was just so turned off at that point.

The mag falling out after one round is indicative of you not seating the mag firmly in place. A nice smack on the bottom of it usually solves that problem.

A lot of what you describe could be attributed to mag issues. I'm willing to bet that because it's a rental, the mag springs are fairly worn down. That compounded with the fact that it's the compact, which is harder on springs, caused these issues.

Mikey, I thought the same thing, but it even happened after the smacked it very hard. Check to see the mag was locked and in place, pulled the trigger, and the thing hits the floor.

I still would blame most of those issues on the mag. Could be that the cut outs intended to hold the mag in are worn down. Again, not seeing it, I can't make a definitive decison. However my g17 has over 20k down the pipe and still running like new and it gets cleaned/oiled maybe once a year. All I really do is run a boresnake after every 3rd time shooting it. But once a year I break it down and really clean it.

Never experienced those problems in my Glock 19. Sounds like a bad magazine and /or magazine catch. As far as the FTE sounds like an issue with a weak recoil spring. Those rentals get beat up pretty bad.

Sent from my Droid Razr Max using Tapatalk 2

Did you check to see if it was a factory Glock Magazine? It could have been a cheap Chinese knock off or maybe a mag off another gun. 

I once rented a M&P xd9 and the pin holding the trigger fell out and trigger locked after a few shots. RO tried to blame it on me and said I was shooting wrong. LOL

Rental gun says it all. Don't judge all glocks by this one experince. I own a Glock and it has been very reliable and also very accurate. As with all things mechanical they will eventually wear out. Who knows how many rounds have been thru the gun in question.

Yes..... the rentals are abused ..... 

The Gunsmith at RTSP is kept busy, just with the rental repairs.....  

What people do to stuff that is not theirs is incredible.... 

Let us know if they decide to sell this nice and broken in Glock.

That Glock 19 is probably the most rented rental gun there.  Rental guns get a few hundred rounds through them and then back into the case where they are rented again.  They get was more use and abuse without cleaning or preventive maintenance than a personally owned gun would ever get unless someone was really going out of their way to to shoot their gun until failure.