charleslee

Dick's in Freehold

I hate buying anything in their gun section! Rude SOB's every time, I swear. Why do they have to be so nasty. Oh, I get it, they're living up to their store name. Bingo. I just bought a box of .38 Sp. there & asked the guy if he had any 7.62? He asks me 7.62 X what? WTF? I doubt they carry 7.62 X 54, duh! So when I respond 39 he just points to a particular section in the cage like I'm a blind idiot for not seeing. Well sorry A-Hole but 7.62 wasn't listed on the card on the outside of the cage w/ the other enclosed calibers. Besides, whatever happened to just bring nice & showing me w/out being put off & displaying an attitude. I can't stand these guys. DICKS!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to the sporting goods section the day before & the young guy was helpful & nice so it's not the whole damn store.

What did they have in stock for handgun ammo?

Just about everything but 9mm up to 2 days ago. Supposedly the largest shipment of ammo they've received in awhile....the kicker is you're only allowed to purchase 1 box of up to 3 calibers at a time.

Just about everything but 9mm up to 2 days ago. Supposedly the largest shipment of ammo they've received in awhile....the kicker is you're only allowed to purchase 1 box of up to 3 calibers at a time.

Which is bs IMO. 

Pray tell....what is BS?

Why should Dicks limit ammo? I can understand limiting if someone comes in and says I want all of the 9mm ammo. But If I'm heading to the range and want to shoot 200 rds why I should be limited to only one box? That is bs IMO.

Why should Dicks limit ammo? I can understand limiting if someone comes in and says I want all of the 9mm ammo. But If I'm heading to the range and want to shoot 200 rds why I should be limited to only one box? That is bs IMO.

I would agree but even Walmart has a 3 box limit on ammo purchases in some if not all of their stores. It was implemented to foil ammo flippers but came too late IMO.

iCarry:thanks, I didn't know that obviously.

Baby face Finster: You're right-don't patronize them. That was the 2nd time buying ammo there, I have bought a few other things.

Anyone: where to go for good ammo prices close to Jackson?

Cheyanne mountain outfitters.  When stock is good there are no limits.  If things get tight the limits come in to play.  They also did not gouge one bit.  For a while they where the cheapest place to get ammo anywhere, online or brick and mortar.

Ken

Cheyanne mountain outfitters.  When stock is good there are no limits.  If things get tight the limits come in to play.  They also did not gouge one bit.  For a while they where the cheapest place to get ammo anywhere, online or brick and mortar.

Ken

+1 here on Cheyenne Outfitters. I'm pretty new in this stuff, but Cheyenne seems to me to be what a LGS should be. Nice guys, good prices and an enjoyable place to visit. The limits are necessary to be fair to their customers.

Paul O

I hate buying anything in their gun section! Rude SOB's every time, I swear. Why do they have to be so nasty. Oh, I get it, they're living up to their store name. Bingo. I just bought a box of .38 Sp. there & asked the guy if he had any 7.62? He asks me 7.62 X what? WTF? I doubt they carry 7.62 X 54, duh! So when I respond 39 he just points to a particular section in the cage like I'm a blind idiot for not seeing. Well sorry A-Hole but 7.62 wasn't listed on the card on the outside of the cage w/ the other enclosed calibers. Besides, whatever happened to just bring nice & showing me w/out being put off & displaying an attitude. I can't stand these guys. DICKS!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to the sporting goods section the day before & the young guy was helpful & nice so it's not the whole damn store.

I would have asked you the same question (but wouldnt have been an a-hole about it).  How was he supposed to know what 7.62 you were looking for?  x25, x39, x51, x54 etc.... 

What's August 11th?

It's day 45 for the stack of passed bills sitting on CC's desk.

If the legislative body (assembly or senate) that had the last vote on the bill is not in session that day, the clock stops until the next day they are in session.

No action on CC's part and the bill becomes law.

Absolute veto by CC and effectively the bill is old history, not law.

Conditional veto (editing by CC) and it goes back to both houses for one-time vote on the edited version. Pass by both houses and the edited version is law.

7.62x51 is 308 ammo. They carry that. Not an excuse for his attitude though.

he said by 54 thats not 308.

Me and my buddy tried everywhere within a 40 miles radius of jackson this weekend. 9mm non existent but pineland sports has a bunch of 5.56, but i didnt ask about .38. You can also try sportsmans shanty but they said they havent gotten a shipment in over 7 months so id assume they are out too.

You may be confusing lack of knowledge with "nasty".  At one of our Superstore Walmarts, yes we have two super stores, there is an elderly lady that is a shooter and avid gun enthusiast.  When she is working it is a pleasure to buy ammo. She knows what is in stock and where it is. However since Walmart does not like people working full time and get benefits, she is often not there. On those days the various people who cover the ammo section do not know a thing about guns or ammo and you pretty much have to point to what you want.

Me and my buddy tried everywhere within a 40 miles radius of jackson this weekend. 9mm non existent but pineland sports has a bunch of 5.56, but i didnt ask about .38. You can also try sportsmans shanty but they said they havent gotten a shipment in over 7 months so id assume they are out too.

Tips hardware in west creek has 9mm and 38

Cheyenne has 9mm, limit 1 box.

As an aside it was just reported on another gun site that Dick's is opening on August 16'th in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania the first of many "Field and Stream"stores and amassing a large amount of ammo to offer for it's grand opening.

Has anyone heard anything about these stores that is supposedly designed to compete with the Cabela's,Bass pro shops and Gander Mountains nationwide?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/08/04/dicks-open-field-stream-gun-stores-complete-ar-15-rifles/

Dick’s Sporting Goods are spinning off a new separate chain of sporting stores called Field & Stream, much like they did with their Golf Galaxy chain of golf stores. Field & Stream will be competing directly with Bass Pro, Cabelas and Gander Mountain. The first store is being built in Cranberry Twp, PA.

I am told they have an incredible amount of ammunition allocated for this store. There are about 1.4 million rounds of .22 LR in storage for this store. Rumor is that $8 million worth of ammo is allocated to this store.

What is incredibly interesting is that Field & Stream will be stocking Modern Sporting Rifles (semi-automatic rifles). I can confirm that they will be selling Bushmaster AR-15 rifles (M4 ORC and others), Remington AR-15s (R15, R25), S&W AR-15s (M&P 15 Tactical and others) as well as Stag and DPMS AR-15s.

What is even more interesting is that they will be selling Troy rifles (we don’t know what models). Dick’s infamously pulled all AR-15s after the tragedy at Sandy Hook, including many pre-paid orders for Troy Rifles. Troy heard about this announcement in the media along with everyone else and they made this statement

Troy Defense (Troy), a division a Troy Industries, Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was closed).

It looks like Dick’s and Troy made up, which is surprising considering the damage that Dick’s inflicted on Troy.