pjd832

Pa shooting... Here we go again...

He shot two completely innocent bystanders? To hell with him, let him rot. If he was unable to pick logical targets then throw the book at him.

Grrr I am mad so I am just going to shoot random people at random like I am some tough guy.

I think this guy utilized the second amendment in exactly the way it was intended to be used. Unfortunatly he killed two people who had nothing to do with it. Thats a big problem in my opinion.

Tell ya what though, I bet the town council thinks twice before they try that crap with the next landowner

I think this guy utilized the second amendment in exactly the way it was intended to be used. Unfortunatly he killed two people who had nothing to do with it. Thats a big problem in my opinion.

Tell ya what though, I bet the town council thinks twice before they try that crap with the next landowner

Can't argue with any of that.

Can we get this entire thread deleted before any of the gun grabbers catch wind of it?

FYI, the notion that this guy got royally screwed is also floating around the lefty end of the Internet.

While I can't condone anything the shooter did, I understand and am not at all surprised.  Local govt officials stole this man's property and meager livelihood in the name of beaurocracy.

That said... some of the comments in this thread won't exactly improve our position in the public opinion battle on the 2A.   The 1A is great, but some opinions are best NOT broadcast over the interwebz where they are permanent.

I'd like to keep this in Bucket 3, guys. Please keep the political aspects out of it and focus on this particular incident. Feel free to make a thread regarding the politics of Eminent Domain and the government over-stepping it's bounds in the Politics section. Thank you.

Push men hard enough and they push back. The crazy ones push back earlier and harder.

Everyone has a breaking point.  Normal healthy people included.  You can't make a career out of poking and prodding and tormenting and expect not to find it eventually.

It's a shame but it looks like some a-holes got what was coming. Township officials think they can just do what ever they want with no repercussions. They ruined a guys life. Over what? They didn't like the view? It's a same it had to go that way but they get no sympathy here. Just look at the way nj treats us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Look around on YouTube of videos during counsel meetings. How many people aren't allowed to talk, get thrown out by police or are totally ignored. These people they think they are above everyone else. They did whatever they could to ruin a guys life. Probably laughed about it too off the record. Well it's not a joke. You can't push people like this. Yet they do everyday. This guy went from having a paid off property to living in a fierro. This is ok to you? Why because the government stole it and not some street criminal? How many of you would grab your gun to protect your house from someone robbing it? Well??

Bottom line is there are consequences to your actions. He killed people so the consequences would be jail. These people acted and didn't think of the consequences. Well there is one of the ways it could have ended. Yes it shouldn't have went that way but I still have no sympathy.

A good bit of the problems in this country are due to people thinking there aren't any consequences. It goes from the president all the way down to a brat kid who was never told no. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes. I mean what did they expect? Oh wait, they expected he would just wither under the mighty authority of the municipal mafia, and quietly go away while they stole his property? (And yes, they definitely stole it. Those town officials are criminals!)

http://nj1015.com/two-shot-dead-at-pa-municipal-building/

"11:41 a.m. -  Newell has been arraigned on homicide charges and charged with three counts of homicide and two counts of attempted homicide. At the arraignment, a judge asked if he owned any property and Newell said: “No, they stole it from me. That’s what started all this.”"

I also have to disagree with a couple of other points:

1.) It's sad that (2), not (3) ,people died. Namely the 2 who appeared to be innocent bystanders  "Gerard J. Kozic, 53, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was a musician who performed on the White House lawn in 2004. James LaGuardia, 64, owned a television repair service and was outside the municipal building when he was shot and killed." 

It would appear that these two were just residents at the meeting for their own purposes, and not guilty in this mans land theft. For them, I can not condone his actions. He should have exercised better discretion in limiting his targets to the criminals posing a threat to his survival (the town officials), and perhaps those directly attempting to intervene.

In regards to the 3rd "victim", "5:20 p.m. -  Details emerge on the shooting victims. David Fleetwood, 62, was a Chestnuthill Township Supervisor who doubled as the Ross Township Zoning Officer. He died after being flown to the hospital." : He doesn't count as a victim, and its not sad. Being the zoning officer, he was an accessory to the crimes being committed against Mr. Newell. The zoning officer, and any other town agents (municipal mafia members/enforcers) posed just as much of a deadly threat to Mr. Newell's continued survival as if they had held a gun to HIS head.  This one did get what he had coming. Perhaps his replacement, and counterparts in other towns, will hesitate just a bit before backing a citizen into a similar corner again, or knowingly robbing a human being of everything they have, over some silly self-important words on a nearly worthless "code" book.

Make no mistake, the town already used deadly force against him, when it took all he had, and made him homeless. Just because it didn't involve the direct use of a physical weapon, don't think that it was not an act of force which threatened Mr. Newell's life.

"11:30 a.m. – KYW TV tweets that according to an affidavit of the shooter he was heard to say he wished he had killed more people. The Pocono Record reports that court papers also say he targeted meeting because it was only time could get supervisors, solicitor in single location: court papers."

2.) I do sort-of condone his actions. Someone has to be brave enough to fight back. I just wish he would have gone about it with a little more focus. He started off with a perfectly reasonable ( and justifiable) plan. The problem is when he started just shooting randomly. If he had stuck to only those who truly posed a threat (town officials involved in the attacks on him/his property as well as those who might try to intervene today), I would call him a patriotic hero, fighting back against a government run-a-muck, with the only thing they understand: the use of force. Unfortunately, he got sloppy, lost focus, and lost the moral high ground, with the random shooting, and killing of the 2 un-involved people.

agreed .... he should have only shot who directly did this to him... not any innocent bystanders most of our government overlords deserve a bullet or two... if someone tried to take your home what would you do?

Town council's all over are out of control. Members and Mayor's are out for themselves. While I do not condone the killings, I certainly understand his breaking point. A family member of mine has had to deal with the corrupt council where they live. The cops do nothing and say 'take 'em to court'. Family member does and wins in court. Nothing happens. Court says, 'get cops to enforce order'. Again cops do nothing. It is a big circle-jerk. The only person losing is my family member to a corrupt mayor and council. The law is not on your side.