Dr Bocci

Midwest PX F/A BCG $99.00

These aren't seconds or blems either.  These are our regular production BCGs that carry a limited lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship.

Whats the difference between the one on sale and the other for $149? I cant tell going back and forth on my phone.

Is The Upgrade Something you Recommend?

It isn't necessary for the carrier to function well.  It's something offered because I personally use it and I find the extra extraction power helps overcome other shortcomings in the rifle if they're present.  I use my guns pretty hard and demand alot of them.  Suppressed, full-auto, short barrel, you name it.  I like the extra power extractor in all applications except with a match rifle and soft brass.  If you reload and use soft brass, you won't want the five coil spring but rather the four coil.  This is because the five coil is more aggressive on the rim and with soft brass, can cause premature rim wear.

I just picked one up. I purchased the enhanced kit just to be safe. I love that I got my tracking number half a minute after my order. Imagine the minions of Midwest px are on standby waiting for my order confirmation to go through.

I just picked one up. I purchased the enhanced kit just to be safe. I love that I got my tracking number half a minute after my order. Imagine the minions of Midwest px are on standby waiting for my order confirmation to go through.

I actually saw your order as it was in process and had turned the promotional price off because I didn't think anyone had any BCGs in their cart after the cutoff.  I think I got it turned back on in time where you never saw it go back to the regular price in the middle of your order.  

Thanks, I was sitting at the dinner table and saw it was a bit past the deadline. I figured id give it a shot. Thanks! You have great customer service. Love your mags. Now if I could only find ammo and leave this God foresaken state...

Is the extractor spring easy to switch out? I have not taken the extractor off my bolt yet.

If I had the money/needed an extra I would steal up one of those at $99. For blasting.

An M16 will run all day long in SEMI or FULL auto with no extractor. The extractor is for removing unfired ammunition from the chamber. Also comes in handy if things aren't going as planned.

That is because, although the gas impingement does force the bolt carrier back, the bolt carrier does not yank on the bolt to pull the spent brass out of the chamber. It unlocks the bolt by the cam and adds a little overall energy for the cycle that is about to start. The system is designed such that the chamber pressure has dropped enough to end brass obituration (expansion/sticking) on the chamber wall but enough chamber pressure remains to push the brass out of the chamber and push the bolt out of battery. It is not yanked out by the gas system and bolt carrier.

Unless, you do something such as shorten the barrel. There is a lot of leeway in the original 20" barrel design, but things get trickier when the barrel, gas system, and dwell get lessened. Now, quite honestly, you are ripping an obiturated casing out of the barrel via the bolt in many cases. Depending on gas port size, overall gas system configuration, ammo type, and operating conditions.

All AR carbines are bastards. They work very well, but they were not designed to be in that configuration. Boosted extraction is always a good bet. I have an 11.5" upper that won't even work in semi at all without boosted extraction.

Thanks, I was sitting at the dinner table and saw it was a bit past the deadline. I figured id give it a shot. Thanks! You have great customer service. Love your mags. Now if I could only find ammo and leave this God foresaken state...

Is the extractor spring easy to switch out? I have not taken the extractor off my bolt yet.

Very but if you're wanting to run the five coil spring, you don't have to do anything as we install that prior to shipping.  Otherwise, you just have to:

Push the cotter pin out

Pull the firing pin out

Turn the cam pin and remove

Pull the bolt

Push the extractor pin out

Swap springs

Reassemble

We've got them down to about 45 seconds disassembly :lol: