Sign in to follow this  
almiz111

NJ Hunting License - shotgun & rifle

The NJ websites says you must get your shotgun 'permit' before your rifle 'permit'. It was not clear about how to  get the one and then the other in some sort of sequence.

It appeared to me that you can actually just roll it up and get both at the same time by doing the appropriate workbook sections and then attending the live test.

So I be confused. Anyone??

On paper the bow is challenging. The target usually isn't as far away as you think it would be. Plus we don't want people to fail. Just be safe and you'll be ok. Remember everyone is there to help you pass. Not to fail you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

On paper the bow is challenging.

It wasn't the "paper" that fouled me up at all.  It was the douchey examiners.  I saw far more poor gun handling by others on the shotgun and muzzleloader ranges those days who managed to "pass" but one minor mis-step on bow and you get "I'm sorry, I can't pass you."

Two different places in the north.  At this point I really don't care, I finally got through it and that means I'm good for life.  I can tell you though that they're sticklers and ball busters on the bow section and others have affirmed similar experiences.