Shawnmoore81

Crazy censorship

Who sounds like the loon now? All he said was that it happens, and he doesn't know why, but it is weird. No claims of anything like what you are saying. And he is right. I did it too my text too. It is weird. I don't know why it happened. This is both true, provable, and no conspiracy. In fact, the only 'conspiracy' I see is you claiming that it is one. Ironic?

Incorrect.

Shawn titled the thread "Crazy Censorship" alluding to the fact that it was purposeful and done by an entity looking to change or delete people's speech.

If he said "hey, this is weird", "check this out" or "You cant text the word 'Obama'", different story altogether, but that wouldn't have been enough drama.

ETA: I just tried it and it "Obama" was not deleted.

Edited by High Exposure

Incorrect.

Shawn titled the thread "Crazy Censorship" alluding to the fact that it was purposeful and done by an entity looking to change or delete people's speech.

If he said "hey, this is weird", "check this out" or "You cant text the word 'Obama'", different story altogether, but that wouldn't have been enough drama.

Ding!

Incorrect.

You mean like he did?

I don't know why but try it

I don't know. Thought its weird. I had someone tell me today. I tried it. I then tried on my wife's phone. Same thing.

Apple says its a glitch

:scratchhead:

You mean like he did?

:rolleyes: Excuse me, I used the word "said" referring to Shawn's choice of "The Sky Is Falling" type language that he used for the title of his Chicken Little post.

If he did not think it was censorship, why did he title his post the way he did? He knew it was a glitch before he posted it - The only way to get it to work is to put a space after Obama, if he got it to work, he was aware of the glitch, and entered the space.

So, why allude that is censorship when he knows it is not in the first place? It doesn't make sense.

Allow me to re-phrase my post for you:

Incorrect.

If he had titled his post - "Hey, this is weird", "Check this out" or "You can't text the word 'Obama'", different story altogether, but that wouldn't have been enough drama.

Like it or not, the title of the post - in this case "Crazy Censorship" - is not isolated from the content of the post. Even the forum admin/moderators agree:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/52215-thread-titles-important/?hl=titles

Regardless of what else he wrote, he called this glitch - which has been widely known since late April 2013 - "Censorship", in typical Shawn - over the top/end of the world/they are coming for us - fashion.

Edited by High Exposure

There is nothing end of the world about it. It's just another reason for a few people on here to cry and wine. Don't like my posts? Ignore em. It's that easy

Nothing was wrong with your post.  I agree that its kind of weird, actually.  There was just no need to insinuate that there was some entity repressing or, in your own words, censoring the public's ability to text a sentence with the word "Obama".  You may not have even know about the "glitch", much like I've never heard of it.  

Don't come on here and make an inference like that and not expect to be called on it. 

I literally heard about it today. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So did I. And within 5 seconds and 1 Google search I found out:

There are many articles about it

That it has been known about since 4/13

How to make it happen

What other phrases it works with

And that Apple reports it is a glitch

No Conspiracy, no censorship, no big brother, and the sky is not falling.