Anyone that shops at Dicks should be burned at the stake.

Yes, I agree.  Why would anyone that supports the 2nd AmenWho would want to shop at Who Brought the ....?

Legal

Thanks for info on this whole exchange, My son has gotten all excited about doing some pest control and wants to get his hunting license and all the hoops (I have been nudging him for a while) When I saw this whole thread today, I got angry about the fact that even 15 year olds get caught in the web of NJ gun insanity. 

I am heading to Maryland this weekend and plan on stopping at Bass Pro Shop to look at their selection of air guns. I had been looking at the Ruger Airhawk and Airhawk Elite as well as the Winchester 1100/1250. Sounds like they are okay.

I know that Bass seems to have the more expensive Benjamin's as well. I will look at them too, but stay away from the ones with "suppressors"

RD

Sweeney won't do squat, esp after the Guv put the screws to his FID and .50cal bills.

What he will do, I expect, is let A1329 out of storage and into the Senate Law & Public Safety Committee (stacked with D's) to continue to try to put the screws to the law abiding gun owners of NJ.

Most likely right after the November General election, regardless of the outcome, but esp if the R's take control of one house of the Legislature.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2012/Bills/A1500/1329_R1a.PDF

I've only lived here since 2009 but no one would sell me a Gammo whisper in or out of state. It was the first thing I wanted to buy after moving in and everyone I spoke to told me it was illegal.

Does anyone here own one? Ah, nevermind, can't talk about it for fear of stormtroopers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

According to Crossmans's web site - it has a "Muzzle break"

and not a silencer so it appears to be legal.

Only way to say for sure would be to contact Crossman directly and ask them

if they use any type of technology in that break that quiets the sound?

Got a call back from sweeney's office today. They are so far off its incredible. Here is what I was told

That its illegal to hunt with an air rifle in nj but possessing those air rifles in question is legal for target practice and competition use.

I reexplained it all again. We will see what they say next.

Brain teaser.. benjamin venom, legal or no?

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosman_Nitro_Venom_Air_Rifle/2401

Mental masturbation..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually, that looks like a pretty nice rifle. Anybody have one or know anything about it?

You  might guess that I want to buy a Benjamin Trail NP XL. And the recent above opinions conflict. So I discovered the NJSP Firearns Investigation Unit and called them. I spoke directly to a Trooper and he cleared the rifle for use in NJ. He said the barrel shround was related to balance/weight/bull barrel and not to sound suppression.  

So I noted his name/time and date/etc. and crossed my fingers. LOL.

People will tell you ---  do not get a legal opinion from a LEO. Get it from a lawyer.  So I ignored that. The Trooper gave me the unbiased answer that I wanted.

So I'm taking my air rifle out with me on this Saturday's turkey hunt, just in case I run into any tasting looking wabbits.

I was looking through the hunting digest to double check the regs and what do I see?

And ad for a Ruger Talon "silenced" air rifle. http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2013/dighnt56-69.pdf

The irony...

It's not a firearm (outside of Jersey) so no FFL required to "transfer" the toy.

+1. I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who's name I don't know who bought a pellet rifle from Amazon, shipped to his door in NJ (left on the front steps, in fact).