jeffkitts

+1 for Shore Shot

Took my first trip to Shore Shot in Lakewood last week while on vacation...great experience overall. Nice and empty when we got there around 10:15 on Thursday morning, and by the time we left only a few ports were being used. Staff was great...made everyone in my group feel welcome and at ease.

Walked in, each of us signed one form and showed our ID, and we were shooting within minutes. Never even asked for an FID card...very casual operation. 

Wasn't thrilled about the $40 cost for a box of 9mm, but guess that's to be expected these days.

Will definitely go back next time we're at the beach on vacation.

Wasn't thrilled about the $40 cost for a box of 9mm, but guess that's to be expected these days.

Yikes! And here I thought the $30/box of 9mm my friend payed at another range was outrageous. I'm guessing you had to buy ammo there because you were renting their gun(s)?

BTW, last time I bought ammo at a range was Bullet Hole last winter (don't recall if it was pre or post Conn.). I paid $17/box of .38 special. Which is actually a decent price.

I'm a member at shore shot and the ammo is never at a decent price. Back before the panic buying the ammo was 19 for a box of 9mm for a member.

Took my first trip to Shore Shot in Lakewood last week while on vacation...great experience overall. Nice and empty when we got there around 10:15 on Thursday morning, and by the time we left only a few ports were being used. Staff was great...made everyone in my group feel welcome and at ease.

Walked in, each of us signed one form and showed our ID, and we were shooting within minutes. Never even asked for an FID card...very casual operation. 

Will definitely go back next time we're at the beach on vacation.

$40 for a box of 9mm....no small wonder they were empty.  To far for me anyway, but now I know to stay away at those prices.

I wonder what they are getting for .22? I heard someone say $50 for a 50 round box with a gun rental. Don"t know if this is true though because I was not there and this was second hand info.

I wonder what they are getting for .22? I heard someone say $50 for a 50 round box with a gun rental. Don"t know if this is true though because I was not there and this was second hand info.

That's insane. More insane if people are paying that.

I had a feeling the ammo would be pricey, and with three of us there I knew we'd blow through a single box in no time...so I snuck in my own box of 9 and that helped take away some of the $40 sting.

Like I said, definitely worth a visit if you're down there on vacation like we were.

I had a feeling the ammo would be pricey, and with three of us there I knew we'd blow through a single box in no time...so I snuck in my own box of 9 and that helped take away some of the $40 sting.

Like I said, definitely worth a visit if you're down there on vacation like we were.

You really don't need to sneak in ammo as I've seen outside ammo allowed with rental guns just as long that it's not reloads or steel/aluminum cased.

You really don't need to sneak in ammo as I've seen outside ammo allowed with rental guns just as long that it's not reloads or steel/aluminum cased.

Wasn't sure of their policy--I know you can't do it at my home range, RTSP--so I gladly used my own without bringing attention to it.

Thanks for the heads up as I'm a meeting a buddy there soon.

I'm a member at Heritage in PA and get a 10% discount on ammo there, though they only sell for range use. But 9mm was around $17/50 and 45 was $26/50 before the discount. This was for FMJ Winchester/ Remington.

Also got CCI 36 grain 22LR HP at $7.50? / 100 minus the discount

They do limit you to 100 rounds per person, but I've been there with 4-5 friends at times and get the max :-)

I guess prices for ammunition are more reasonable once you leave this country (New Jersey).  I know all the ranges do put a premium on ammo prices.  I just hope pricing and supply issues in general calm down soon. Even online prices are too high for my tastes.