Sign in to follow this  
springfieldxds

NH permit no more for NJ residents?

i just received my NH a few weeks ago..only took 3 weeks to get it too...sent them a copy of florida non resident ccw, but i just looked at application updated 8/13 and you have to send them CCW from the state you reside in...wonder what that does with mine?

I'm not sure which PA can not stop accepting... But I know if the AG has her way pay will look to limit most "mail order" non resident permits... So before you run out and get another just to carry in PA... Know that she has been pretty aggressive at attacking them..

Here is the change to New Hampshire.

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/documents/Saf-C2100.pdf

We are hoping Utah remains untouched because no one in PA can get a Utah permit without having gotten a PA LTCF first. The intent is to make sure Philly residents can't carry.

Understand the intent.... But she is a jerk... LoL so who knows

IM sure Kane had something to do with this but PA is not far behind, they elected Kane and come election time they will elect a liberal Democrat governor, after that PA will follow NJs footsteps, PA is a blue state and only has a few Republican seats that hold control that can be lost easily

LOL don't say that! PA is a gun rights mecca! 

I picked up my NH permit a few years ago, when it was $25 for 4 years.  Now that the price went up to $100 for the same duration, I decided not to renew it this time.  Looks like it wouldn't have mattered if I had decided the other way...

A friend in nj has a nh permit and is wondering if its just for new apps and current permit holders renewals will be "grandfathered" to the old rules and the expiring permit photocopy will be allowable... Or is it the same for new/renewing.....know pa had stopped issuing to nj but were renewing current license holders

Well I guess NH can kiss NJ tourist dollars goodbye, at least from me.

I might end up patronizing Utah instead.

Saying it on here does nothing. Tell the state reps! The northern part of the state loves their guns and they will be supportive.

I emailed Scott Bach about it. NH is working on it behind the scenes. In case you guys didn't know, it was the NRA via Gun Owners of NH that helped make NH permits available for those of us who are in no issue states like NJ.

What would be acceptable would be a situation like Utah where they require your home permit only if the state has reciprocity with NH.

Also, if you renew, under the new rules apparently you have to show a copy of your home state permit, otherwise no renewal for you. 

It's not about PA for me although that would be nice as a backup. It's about New Hampshire. I want to make sure I have as much "coverage" as I can get in the NE. 

I emailed Scott Bach about it. NH is working on it behind the scenes. In case you guys didn't know, it was the NRA via Gun Owners of NH that helped make NH permits available for those of us who are in no issue states like NJ.

What would be acceptable would be a situation like Utah where they require your home permit only if the state has reciprocity with NH.

No we didnt know that it was the NRA. They dont seem to be much on this forum.

About the Utah last minute fix 2 yrs ago. It was a forum member (i dont remember who) who called the legislators there and they changed the home state CCW before Utah to a reciprocity requirement and if not yu were ok to get one form Utah if you were from NJ.

I am sending a letter to NH.

Edited by Damjan

No we didnt know that it was the NRA. They dont seem to be much on this forum.

About the Utah last minute fix 2 yrs ago. I was a forum member who called the legislators there and they changed the home state CCW before Utah to a reciprocity requirement and if not yu were ok to get one form Utah if you were from NJ.

I am sending a letter to NH.

It was "NRA" meaning the NRA state affiliate. Remember that local actions are done through state affiliates like ANJRPC and Pro Gun NH.

I would contact Pro Gun NH and see what help they need.

I have Utah so I'm not immediately concerned but it would be nice to have coverage in the NE. 

It's not about PA for me although that would be nice as a backup. It's about New Hampshire. I want to make sure I have as much "coverage" as I can get in the NE. 

It's about NH for me too --  I spend way more quality time there than I do in PA --  

I carry on my own property in NH, nothing changes there, but it sure is nice to get in the car without having to case up

It was "NRA" meaning the NRA state affiliate. Remember that local actions are done through state affiliates like ANJRPC and Pro Gun NH.

I would contact Pro Gun NH and see what help they need.

I have Utah so I'm not immediately concerned but it would be nice to have coverage in the NE.

Will contact Pro Gun NH. Thanks for the clarification.

Maine works in PA as well. But they need you to have a ccw somwhere else first.

For someone getting their first non-resident ccw would you recommend Florida or Utah? I'm leaning towards Utah as I am more likely to be in PA than Florida. Thanks !

Utah. 

But there's someone offering both in one class. I think it may have been GAPP.

But Utah is it. Good in Pennsylvania, cheap to apply for and cheap to renew. Only downside is that they require their own specific class from their certified instructors. And they only require a home state permit if your state has reciprocity with Utah, so this closes the PA loophole that AG Kane is on a crusade to close everywhere she can. 

They offer almost the same states too, except for Florida (who only accepts their own permit OR a resident permit from some other states) and New Mexico.