I would call the mayor of your town and ask them why the chief would decide to implement this policy. What is the benefit of not renewing permits? It just causes people to apply more frequently, and the town is only getting paid $2 per permit to do the reinvestigation each time - no way does that cover the cost. Bottom line the chief is wasting your tax payer dollars.

Years ago, I found it strange to encounter NJ LEOs that were anti-gun.  You would think they would support firearms ownership for citizens, since they are firearms owners and also citizens.  You would think NJ LEO departments would support *us* in this effort to legally defend ourselves from criminals.  LEO departments join us to defend our rights in court, as they enjoy those same rights (with far less restrictions) off-duty with personal weapons. 

Now it's becoming much more common.  Very sad.  After your first initial FPID, it's all a big waste of taxpayer money and LPD time.  They could be fighting Essex County gang problems, but instead they are doing paperwork. 

This is the best argument we can make to get the system reformed in a non Sweeney kind of way. Since NICS is now in effect, all this permitting nonsense is just needless expensive government bureaucracy that is wasting precious police resources.

It's all about discouraging ownership. And you know this.

They want to make it as difficult as possible so people just give up. 

The police don't sacrifice crime fighting time to do paperwork. They just give your firearms application a very low priority. 

It's all about discouraging ownership. And you know this.

They want to make it as difficult as possible so people just give up. 

Is there any possible explanation for requiring new fingerprints than this?  I thought the point of fingerprinting is that they never change.

It's all about discouraging ownership. And you know this. No doubt

They want to make it as difficult as possible so people just give up. No doubt

The police don't sacrifice crime fighting time to do paperwork. They just give your firearms application a very low priority.  Not necessarily, there are departments that have an officer working either full time or a large part of the time only on firearms apps.

I have been waiting since june for pp,  i am going to apply this week for 3 permits even though I have not received this one yet..

IM Pissed... I am told they are waiting on the state... 

Tony:

My BS meter is off the scale. Usually if there is a hold-up it's for the mental health records check. The NJSP is usually pretty prompt in returning non-criminal background checks. Sounds like your PD is scapegoating. Make some noise.

East Brunswick just extended mine. I dropped it off and had in back in about two days.

While that's nice, a lot of PD's do this while you wait. My last one took about 5 minutes and most of that was because I was BS'ing with the detective.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Years ago, I found it strange to encounter NJ LEOs that were anti-gun.  You would think they would support firearms ownership for citizens, since they are firearms owners and also citizens.  You would think NJ LEO departments would support *us* in this effort to legally defend ourselves from criminals.  LEO departments join us to defend our rights in court, as they enjoy those same rights (with far less restrictions) off-duty with personal weapons. 

Now it's becoming much more common.  Very sad.  After your first initial FPID, it's all a big waste of taxpayer money and LPD time.  They could be fighting Essex County gang problems, but instead they are doing paperwork. 

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

NJ LEOs, for the most part, like the fact that they are better than you, and they would like to ensure that the status quo is maintained.

An assemblyman from the budget committee even admitted to this, that he thought that it should be extremely difficult to purchase a firearm legally.

I guess he doesn't understand what the words "shall not be infringed" means. 

I think it should be extremely difficult for this assemblyman to express his views legally. It should also be extremely difficult for his constituents to vote for him legally. Maybe institute a poll tax or something to cover the costs of running polling stations. Couple that with a civics training requirement prior to voting and a voter ID embedded in everyone's DL, which has to be renewed every 4 years.

According to a survey that was discussed here a while back, most rank and file LEOs are pro gun. It's the chiefs who are the problem. Since they are selected by politicians, they are beholden to those politicians' views. In a state like NJ, that makes a public anti-gun stance almost a job requirement.

I'm from Old bridge, and had a permit expire while I am away on vacation. I called the police department, and the woman who does the permits said they MAY extended mine even though they are 2 weeks expired

According to a survey that was discussed here a while back, most rank and file LEOs are pro gun. It's the chiefs who are the problem. Since they are selected by politicians, they are beholden to those politicians' views. In a state like NJ, that makes a public anti-gun stance almost a job requirement.

3 out of 4 LEO's I know personaly said to me "Why do you need an AR?"  and 1 of 2 FBI agents (working in NJ) I know personally told me I should not have the right to carry.  My pole says 66% against lol.

Needless to say I no longer speak to those 4....