ogfarmer

You must call Christies office today!

The antis are in full throttle

His Facebook page is getting slammed by hundreds of antis begging him to sign. I am sure they are calling too. We need to counter this. Most of these posts are from out of staters or fake accounts, but it's damaging to our fight.

Get dialing, faxing, emailing because the deadline is approaching

Called.  First lady on the phone sounded miserable and annoyed. 

Second lady didn't say much, just that she would pass it on. 

Next time you call, tell them you're confirming a FOOD takeout order...they'll listen....then tell them "The order is without S2723, hold the A3797 and remove the A3659."

Notice how anti-gun folk appeal to emotion, "think of the kids!" "It's common sense" "our safety is important stop violence!" While pro-gun folk stick to logic and reason, generally at least.

I used this logic at a town hall meeting against the antis....you talk about "heads exploding". Wow, they acted as if they coined these phrases and were due royalties. 

--leaving families unarmed, why are you against my wife defending our children?

-- If you're being stalked would you simply put a gun free zone sticker on your house and car? Then why are legislating children and parents to do so?

Etc, etc, etc

I called and before I could even finish my sentence, the lady on the phone read me the bill numbers and said "I have them" what is your message?

Then she simply said, "thanks, that is all I need".  I pressed on but she was clearly not in the listening mood.  No mention of my name, address, anything else.

This is truly insane. Unless we get some heavy duty support form the damn NRA and paid representation (ie lobbying) at the statehouse on a daily basis, we are clearly not going to get anything done. We have no "machine" as the party bosses do.  I know many here are NRA members but they have left us high and dry.  Unless the NRA takes an active place with us using their name, not Cherry Ridge's, I refuse to join and will not donate any more money to them.  

Called, done.

Gus, they are literally keeping a tally for these bills. The secretary knew why I called before I even explained myself.

"I'm strongly opposed to all bills. Sweeney's bill in particular would cost the state millions of dollars to revamp a system that is not broken. And I understand out-of-state groups are lobbying the Governor to sign these bills. These groups can buzz off because they are not from New Jersey. Again, strongly opposed. Good day, ma'am."

I just called. I asked the operator to pass me to a governors aide and she did so. Another woman answered, confirmed she was an aide to the governor, and I then expressed my concerns about these three bills. I did state my name and town. She stated she would pass my concerns to the governor. Both women were polite. However had I not stated my name I doubt they would have asked. The fact they would not have asked makes me suspicious that it may all be a farce. I could have been anyone calling from anywhere.

So I called today and I spoke to Amy, one of the governor's aids. I explained to her my concerns that out of state people are trying to push Christie to sign these gun control bills and that I feel they shouldn't. I explained to her that Christie should veto these bills. She said "OK"and that she'll pass on this information. I also made sure to announce who I am and what county I live in.

I just called - this is how it went - 

"Hello, Governor's office"

"Hello,....I'm...from ... and I want to urge the Governor to VETO several bills"

"You mean the gun bills?"

"Yes..veto all three"

"OK - I have them here...I'll let the Governor know"

It looks like they're getting the message.  Whether they're listening is another matter.

I blasted an email out to family, friends and fellow shooters....told them to pass it along. Too many states are falling, lets STOP this NOW! I suggest posting on FB, Twitter, emailing, etc, etc....

Good idea, I will do the same!

So I called today and I spoke to Amy, one of the governor's aids. I explained to her my concerns that out of state people are trying to push Christie to sign these gun control bills and that I feel they shouldn't. I explained to her that Christie should veto these bills. She said "OK"and that she'll pass on this information. I also made sure to announce who I am and what county I live in.

Amy was the aide with whom I spoke, as well.  She was very polite and respectful and actually made me feel like she appreciated my input. 

Guys, remember to call multiple times per day, every day.  Since they're not taking down your info, keep calling.  You know the antis are doing that, so why don't we, too?