Saint Michael

where is the 22lr ammo?

went to dick's today in Freehold they had no 22lr ammo but plenty of 223. Where is the 22lr ammo?

Panic buying has taken its toll.. even if the hoarders stopped buying... there are thousands of people that couldnt get .22 over the past 6 months so demand is still high. Hell I know I got 5k rnds in my sights when shit gets back to normal.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Keep doing Google searches every day. I postponed buying a Ruger 10/22 waiting to find ammo. When I finally found a few boxes the rifle was already sold. I kept searching while I ordered the Ruger and now have a few thousand rounds. I was at Easton this afternoon and have some CCI HP but limit is 100 ends per person and only for range use.

I did get a case of Centurion and a brick of Remington at reasonable (by today's standards) prices.

Keep looking and some will show up, but it goes quickly

Keep doing Google searches every day. I postponed buying a Ruger 10/22 waiting to find ammo. When I finally found a few boxes the rifle was already sold. I kept searching while I ordered the Ruger and now have a few thousand rounds. I was at Easton this afternoon and have some CCI HP but limit is 100 ends per person and only for range use.

I did get a case of Centurion and a brick of Remington at reasonable (by today's standards) prices.

Keep looking and some will show up, but it goes quickly

Don't use google - use Gunbot - http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/22lr/

Also - if you don't have a 10/22 yet, Steve at Monmouth Arms has a couple in.

must be nice having 1000 rounds of 22 i just bought the last 4 boxes of winchester super x small game HP CP 50 round box for 5 bucks the shops near me have cci standard velocity in stock. i dont even know how much 22lr i have i just keep buying it when i see a good price 

i dont even know how much 22lr i have i just keep buying it when i see a good price 

This is the the sole reason why .22 is hard to find.. I assume youre strapped envying a man's 1k .22lr stack.... I stopped looking all together. I got what I got.. I dont expect to be fighting off hoards of zombies anytime soon so I decided to wait until the .22 in-stock hunt goes away. 

I think the IRS is stockpiling it.  The excess was sent out to our allies to arm them.

Our allies are now well protected against a squirrel and ground hog invasion...

That's right. We're arming the M. Brotherhood with centerfire rounds.

As recommended above, use gunbot (.aka ammobot).  It is an effective tool for finding ammo.  I usually specify Sort by price, and show in stock only.   As far as prices are concerned, you will have to decide for yourself what price point you find acceptable. 

As an example (YMMV);  I recently purchased CCI 22LR Standard Velocity from "PSA" (Palmetto State Armory).  I just placed another order for more.  It can be found via ammobot or directly here--> http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rimfire-ammunition/cci-standard-velocity-22-lr-50rds-0035.html. In this case, it's 11 cents per round plus shipping.

Btw, my experience with PSA was fine. (Other's not so good based on online reviews.) No limit on the amount.  You just need to be patient as they likely will take up to 5 days to ship.  And expect your credit card to be charged immediately upon placing your order.  Also, since 22LR is considered handgun ammo, immediately after placing my order via their website, I emailed them(at [email protected]) scanned copies of the front and back of my NJFID.

It is not my intent to say PSA is better or worse than others.  Only to emphasize the use of ammobot and the fact that PSA appears to have the above ammo in stock right now.

In contrast, Cabela's had 22LR at 6 or 7 cents per round yesterday but limited the sale to 1 box)of 100)  per day. In that case, the shipping cost makes it prohibitive and more of a hassle than it was worth to me.

regards,  Art