checko

Magpul mbus pro

Sorry if this is posted, did not come up in search.

Looks like magpul mbus pro sights are releasing soon, as they are getting loaded into retailers web stores.  What do you all think by the looks of them. I think they are awfully ugly, but I kind of like the no tool adjustment in the front.  

Wonder if Ty over at MidwestPX got a pair to mess around with. 

I actually like them a lot. I'm digging the fact that they lay down flat and they're made of steel, not polymer. The only thing I don't like is the price. For that much, I'll get some Troys.

20130429-181142.jpg

Magpul-MBUS-Pro-600x323.jpg

These are about the same price as the troys. And they are a lot slimmer when folded. For someone running an acog that needs to set it on top of a folding sight these might be the best option. Sure you would need to take the acog off but at least youll still have a back up.

I think Magpul intentionally targeted the Troy sights at that price point.  I haven't played with them yet though based on the pictures, they look to occupy a smaller footprint than the Troy sights.  That being said, the Troy sights are bombproof and typically the first sights I recommend when someone is looking for folding BUIS on a duty or defensive rifle. 

• Like 1

I think Magpul intentionally targeted the Troy sights at that price point.  I haven't played with them yet though based on the pictures, they look to occupy a smaller footprint than the Troy sights.  That being said, the Troy sights are bombproof and typically the first sights I recommend when someone is looking for folding BUIS on a duty or defensive rifle. 

I need BUIS for my rifle but they have to fit under the existing optic (NCStar).  I haven't done an accurate measurement but it was around 0.50" rail to eyepiece.   The Troy's appear to be a close fit (0.46).  The MI SPLP are better at 0.43.  The new Magpul will be 0.37 and priced comparably to both of those.   I'm hoping to get some reviews/comparisons as we get closer to the release date to help me decide.

I didn't like the original MBUS and I don't t like these. I like most of Magpuls other stuff but the sites are just no for me. I tried to use them but I like the Troy's and the Samsons so much better.

Just curious, but why?  Obviously the fit/finish of the polymer MBUS is different from Troy but is there a usability difference as well?

I had an issue with the front sight post on the MBUS.  I thought it was to thick, I have eye issues can't see all that great out to distance, cross dominance. I could see the Troy's and Samson's much better. I don't really know why as I wanted to use the Magpuls as they are a lot cheaper but they just didnt work for me. I tried the magpuls and the Samsons the same day same rifle and ammo and I shot better with the Samsons. ???

I don't like the looks of the new ones either!!

Just curious, but why?  Obviously the fit/finish of the polymer MBUS is different from Troy but is there a usability difference as well?

For me the answer is simple... I would never trust an optic mount... Sight... Etc.. To plastic if I could avoid it.... I'm looking to make a very low cost trunk AR and might run the Magpul sights in that one... But only because I want to keep the cost down... Given the choice with sighting equipment ill go metal every time...

For me the answer is simple... I would never trust an optic mount... Sight... Etc.. To plastic if I could avoid it.... I'm looking to make a very low cost trunk AR and might run the Magpul sights in that one... But only because I want to keep the cost down... Given the choice with sighting equipment ill go metal every time...

Yeah, I understand the metal vs polymer/plastic aspect.  I was curious if there was something else.  Something about the shape, size, design, whatever that made them less usable or less accurate.  And does this difference translate from the MBUS to MBUS pro.  The metal vs polymer part obviously wouldn't since the Pros are metal.

i use the diamond shaped Troy rear and I really like it more than the circle.. 

i just put those on mine. i haven't shot it yet, but just looking down the sights it looks a lot better than the circle one on my garand. i know that are two different guns but the concept is the same. the dioptic rear almost disappears and you get a very clear front sight picture.

Does anyone know how the sights are deployed. Is it by button or manual?

Manual flip up. Since they made them so flat, there was no room to add any mechanical internals like springs, etc.