manwithnoname

Heritage Guild in Rahway

I like heritage guild in Rahway.  I have bought guns from them, they occasionally have a really good selection of used guns, their prices are high but not insane.  The manager is a really nice guy.

What I can't understand is why they haven't figured out the whole raising the standard of customer service thing that other gun shops are clearly now doing. 

With the exception of the manager, the other employees tend to look right though you and pretend you aren't there.  They seem to pay careful attention to a few regulars but don't seem too interested in anyone else in particular.  They seem bored or uninterested. The addition of a nice young lady at the register  has clearly grabbed the attention of the guys who work there, making them even less likely to care about a customer who walks in.  Big difference from the atmosphere in Easton, where I have found that they will spend as much time as necessary to make you feel knowledgeable about the gun you are interested in, and show you comparable models.

I say this as one who really likes the Rahway shop and the manager and wants to support NJ LGS.    Wonder what is going on?

+1 for bullseye tactical right down the road. I stopped going to heritage rahway because of the crappy attitudes. Even going above and beyond with respect and gratitude over there is still met with sour attitudes in my experience

ImO guild is a hit or miss or handle then leave..go to Bullseye tactical supply right down the road  Much better place.as for CS . ImO

+1

I never had a bad experience there. I guess customer service could be a bit better but imo its satisfactory. My only issue with them is if there busy, trying to get someone to help you is tough, but you can say the same for any other shop that gets very busy. I actually make it a point to go to both bullseye and HG when im in the area. Both are great places.       

Does heritage work with you on the price? I plan on going sometime today to look at a .45

I bought guns from all three locations, and none of them really play with there prices. I did get a better deal then posted on my SVT 40 at heritage PA but not by much. Maybe i just didn't push hard enough though. 

I also recommend bullseye. Guild in Rahway has some good gunsmiths but terrible customer service.

Actually, the two gunsmithing jobs i know of from here (one for me, one for a friend) were both not done particularly well.  The work they did on my very expensive custom Kimber 1911 (which I purchased from them) has never worked, and they charged me a lot to fix a gun that they sold me defective...

The one thing the NJFAGs have over Bullseye is that they have an astounding inventory, most of the time.  You can really see many different guns to choose from.

ImO guild is a hit or miss or handle then leave..go to Bullseye tactical supply right down the road  Much better place.as for CS . ImO

Went there today and he didnt really have a large selection. Wasn't the worst customer service but he really didnt pay me much attention because these two cops were there.

I went in today and was helped by a guy named Steve, and he was great. He really took the time to answer all of my questions and concerns. Very knowledgeable and I'm definitely purchasing my .45 from them.

Is that Branchburg or Rahway?

Steve in Branchburg is a great guy.