Lets celebrate for this weekend but we have to start working hard again for our rights and the rights of our children and grand children.  So please lets not slowdown now. We have the momentum going lets keep it that way.

Absolutely... I want the full 2A restored here. Carry permits, NFA, LCMs, you name it. We probably won't get everything but we can most certainly try.

I really hope that a sleeping giant has awoken.

However my first order of business IF we ever get a sympathetic majority in the legislature is to amend the NJ constitution to codify RKBA, AND clarify it as an individual right like Connecticut does. Yes, I am very ambitious!!!

Great news. I can't believe we pay these knuckleheads to spend time writing this kind of legislation

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

We don't have to.

We really should pay back Steve Sweeney for this garbage. NJ2AS has been backing his opponent, Niki Trunk. If we get him the boot it would serve as a warning. I would like to boot Norcross, Mainor, Cryan, Lou Greenwald, Loretta Weinberg and others but let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

What do you guys think are the chances the dems meet his conditions on the awful Sweeny bill? 

Zero.  

1.  Their isn't enough votes to override the vetoed sections of the bill.

2.  The bill wouldn't even be considered for another vote since the "centerpiece" elements have been removed.

Are they dead for now, or are the statists going to try something else sneaky?

Dead.

Expect to see this bill, already passed by the Assembly, come before (and pass I'm afraid) the D-controlled Senate Law and Public Safety committee before this legislative session is through.

It will be voted on by the lame ducks who will have nothing to lose once the election is done, and this will be their revenge on CC for today's vetoes.

A1329

Reduces maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

Wrong.

There won't be any lame duck legislators after the November election.  Very little will change in the state unless the Governor Christie has some very long coattails.  

Besides, who would enact revenge?  The same people that already voted once for the legislation?

Governor Christie already said he didn't see the need to change the magazine capacity on firearms. 

Well, its still not acceptable to me the other bills were signed. But i agree there should be more pressure put on him to get as much as we can before his presidential run. Kudos to nj2aschecking as well, and everyone that showed up and made their opiionions known. Still may be a bowl of pooh, but it could have been much worse, if no one showed up to oppose theses things.

My opinion may come from out of left field here, but for me this demonstrates once again that Christie, for the most part tries to do what he thinks is really right. I don't always agree with him, but I can respect most of what he does as being motivated by his view of what is correct for the people of NJ. I wish we had more like him and I hope he somehow maintains that perspective when re elected and on the national scene.

As for the future post-Christie, you are all correct we need to continue to fight, write, and donate because once we're stuck with another social democrat govenor, this all goes down again with a different result. Remember to back NJ2A because their hard work (and not the largely silent NRA) went into this.

GREAT!

Now will someone please purchase the .50AE handgun I have up for sale in the marketplace?

Just kidding!

Nice to see Christie didn't knuckle under to those Jackass Dems.

Now How about a Rand Paul / Chris Christie team for next presidential election?

GREAT!

Now will someone please purchase the .50AE handgun I have up for sale in the marketplace?

Just kidding!

Nice to see Christie didn't knuckle under to those Jackass Dems.

Now How about a Rand Paul / Chris Christie team for next presidential election?

Sounds good. Rand will keep him straight...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I might have to go get some celebratory alcohol of some sort. 

IMO now it's time to go on the offensive.  We've done well at battling these bad bills, but lets get rid of our unconstitutional FID system, and lets get rid of the justifiable need clause in the CCW laws! 

+1

Just opened a bottle of 18-year old single malt Laphroaig. Think I'll have a little toast....

To the Second Amendment.

*sips*

Yes, we need to be on the offensive. I said that before, and I say it again. We always seem to be playing defense with these issues. Now it's time to push back and fix the system. Why did I wait 4 1/2 months for a replacement FID card and 3 pistol purchase permits? Why do I need PPP's? Why am I paying $18 again for another replacement FID card background check? They just typed one up for me, why not let me pay the $6 and have a second one issued at the same time? What kind of stupid BS is this?

Yes, I want a backup FID card to keep in my safe in case something happens to this one. For five months I had no FID and had to have my wife buy all the long guns and ammo since she has hers.

For all this talk of getting Christie to start passing pro 2A bills in NJ is never going to happen unless the Republicans can take control of the Senate and Assembly in November. Turnout is expected to be light for the November election since the Democratic voters will be getting excited for the  special October Senate election and may not turn out for the general election.

GETTING EVERY PRO 2A SYMPATHETIC VOTER OUT TO THE POLES IN NOVEMBER IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL -  ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIVE IN A DEMOCRATIC CONTROLLED DISTRICT. - Yes, I know I'm yelling, but that needs to be said loud and clear.

If the Republicans can take control of the Senate, they will be able to approve Christie's Supreme Court nominees at will - this is huge, Christie will be able to change the court from a majority of liberal activist douche bag judges to a court where justices will actually read our state constitution and what was intended by it, when hearing cases. This will be a gift that keeps on giving long after Christie is gone.