Jag07

Which 45 acp would you choose?

Which 45 would you buy? be cause I know I can't decide.  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which 45 would you choose?

• Para USA Expert 14.45
    • Springfield Loaded 1911 Parkerized
    • FNH FNX 45
    • Ruger SR1911
    • Sig Sauer 1911 Nitron rail

I actually like my new HK45 better than my USP, but it's close. :)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Hey Buddy...I have 3 more permints in progress, two for 1911's (my favorate) and I am considering an HK45...Everyone agrees that the HK is an engineering marvel, reliable and accurate....Some 1911 shooters say the HK's bore axist is too high relative to the grip, and the grip is "blocky" compared to a 1911...Do you shoot 1911's and how would you compare your HK45 to your full sixe 1911 for acuracy (single shot), shootability (multiple faster shots), and feel in hand?

Hey Buddy...I have 3 more permints in progress, two for 1911's (my favorate) and I am considering an HK45...Everyone agrees that the HK is an engineering marvel, reliable and accurate....Some 1911 shooters say the HK's bore axist is too high relative to the grip, and the grip is "blocky" compared to a 1911...Do you shoot 1911's and how would you compare your HK45 to your full sixe 1911 for acuracy (single shot), shootability (multiple faster shots), and feel in hand?

Not sure I can compare them that way. My Colt Gov was my first semi way back when and I mastered it. The HKs, the HK45 particularly, has a standard pic rail now, has a short reset trigger giving you faster shots and back on target, recoil is barely noticeable to me. Much smoother, lighter because we ain't talking a full steel gun. It's half polymer. The ambidextrous mag release is different, but very easy to get use to. Depending on model, there is a safety and decocking lever. They have a seal around the barrel like the USPs that tend to give it more accuracy with less barrel movement, they have polygon barrels which gives more accuracy. I always felt that my Compact USP 45 was just as accurate as my full size Colt. And so on.... A lot to compare considering a 1911 is a well oiled working machine that will always be somewhere on the forefront of people's hearts.

The HKs are imho, in a league of their own. Mine have never failed, never misfed or jammed. I recently replaced all the springs in my Colt. I brought it and my USP Compact 45 to the range a few weeks ago. I had some old Fiocchi ammo which has always been hit or miss with my Colt. I had 2 stove pipes within 2 mags toward the end of the day. I took that same ammo and the HK ate it like a good desert. Could it be co-inka-dink? Maybe, but compared to both of those guns over the years, I've always got a stove pipe or so with the 1911. But with any of my HKs of which I have 4 now, I can never remember one failure. These are just some of the main things.

So do I love my Colt gov? How can I not.... It served me well and still is. But in the world of higher capacity mags, polymer, better technology, etc. the HK is one on the top of the heap. It takes a lil getting use to, but it can be mastered easily. Once you get one HK, the rest fall in place. They are great guns. I only just picked up my HK45 and got it to the range yesterday. Had no issues and now it is my new 2nd fav 45 along with my new P30 9mm... My 1911 is still my numero uno. I just prefer to let it rest in staged mode while the new guys take the front line. ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

HK = overpriced tupperware.

So are Sigs and a lot of others.... But they are not for the wimpy or cheap skate. You get what you pay for.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Not sure I can compare them that way. My Colt Gov was my first semi way back when and I mastered it. The HKs, the HK45 particularly, has a standard pic rail now, has a short reset trigger giving you faster shots and back on target, recoil is barely noticeable to me. Much smoother, lighter because we ain't talking a full steel gun. It's half polymer. The ambidextrous mag release is different, but very easy to get use to. Depending on model, there is a safety and decocking lever. They have a seal around the barrel like the USPs that tend to give it more accuracy with less barrel movement, they have polygon barrels which gives more accuracy. I always felt that my Compact USP 45 was just as accurate as my full size Colt. And so on.... A lot to compare considering a 1911 is a well oiled working machine that will always be somewhere on the forefront of people's hearts.

The HKs are imho, in a league of their own. Mine have never failed, never misfed or jammed. I recently replaced all the springs in my Colt. I brought it and my USP Compact 45 to the range a few weeks ago. I had some old Fiocchi ammo which has always been hit or miss with my Colt. I had 2 stove pipes within 2 mags toward the end of the day. I took that same ammo and the HK ate it like a good desert. Could it be co-inka-dink? Maybe, but compared to both of those guns over the years, I've always got a stove pipe or so with the 1911. But with any of my HKs of which I have 4 now, I can never remember one failure. These are just some of the main things.

So do I love my Colt gov? How can I not.... It served me well and still is. But in the world of higher capacity mags, polymer, better technology, etc. the HK is one on the top of the heap. It takes a lil getting use to, but it can be mastered easily. Once you get one HK, the rest fall in place. They are great guns. I only just picked up my HK45 and got it to the range yesterday. Had no issues and now it is my new 2nd fav 45 along with my new P30 9mm... My 1911 is still my numero uno. I just prefer to let it rest in staged mode while the new guys take the front line. ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

Thanks buddy, Good insight...What "Variant" do you have of the HK 45 and what does that variant denote? (for example, on Impact Guns they list HK45 Variant 1 but don't really explain WTH it means)?

V1.... SA/DA, Safety combo decocker... Not variant related but forgot to mention, also has adjustable back strap. Check their page out for better descripts.....

http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/hk45_general.asp

So are Sigs and a lot of others.... But they are not for the wimpy or cheap skate. You get what you pay for.

Typos courtesy Apple...

If I wanted a plastic gun I'll go to sports authority & get an airsoft pellet gun.  Or get the ugliest plastic gun on the market...a glock

V1.... SA/DA, Safety combo decocker... Not variant related but forgot to mention, also has adjustable back strap. Check their page out for better descripts..... http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/hk45_general.asp

Is it true you can carry it cocked and Locked? (hense avoiding the first DA pull?)

Is it true you can carry it cocked and Locked? (hense avoiding the first DA pull?)

Sure.... Rack a round, decock for DA or cocked and locked.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Sure.... Rack a round, decock for DA or cocked and locked.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Nice Buddy, I am in...Although I am a 1911 guy through and through, ever once in a while you want to use a lighter blaster. And HK is one of the best of the semi-poly. Thanks for the info!

Nerf gun.... More fun in the house. ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

You 2 guys are cool. I'm glad some of us can take a joke & some raw comments on this forum.  I believe forums should be enjoyable & differing opinions are to be debated.

You 2 guys are cool. I'm glad some of us can take a joke & some raw comments on this forum. I believe forums should be enjoyable & differing opinions are to be debated.

You were borderline to be burned. But you raked the leaves before they got burnt. Be careful.... Now go play nice with sponge darts! ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

Mickeyduck, your primary criteria is pretty? Interesting....

It's both, function + form.  Come on, Shane.  I bet all of us have stared at our pistols on the dresser & think:

"wow, this is a really nice looking piece.  Just look at the sunlight reflecting off the stainless slide.  Whoa, the fish scales or the snake skin patterns on my 1911. I'm sure one lucky guy....wonder what's for lunch tomorrow....."

Nice Buddy, I am in...Although I am a 1911 guy through and through, ever once in a while you want to use a lighter blaster. And HK is one of the best of the semi-poly. Thanks for the info!

You'll like it. Go fondle one, then go fondle a P30 to.... If you smile, we'll know you had an orgasm.. ;) I kid you not!

Typos courtesy Apple...

The Kimberly are nice but I have heard their customer service is not great plus if you want to change sights kimber uses their own sight cut. I have used Springfield warrenty work and it was great and the custom shop can do just about anything you would like done. Also I do know Springfield is lifetime warrenty not sure about kimber just some extra food for thought

The Kimberly are nice but I have heard their customer service is not great plus if you want to change sights kimber uses their own sight cut. I have used Springfield warrenty work and it was great and the custom shop can do just about anything you would like done. Also I do know Springfield is lifetime warrenty not sure about kimber just some extra food for thought

Do you have any pictures of Kimberly? She have a nice rack? Smooth? ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

Yea yea, blame the iphone.... lol... the l and y are no where near the r... lmao! But does she have a nice rack? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Lol that's why I should not post from an iPhone