Jag07

Which 45 acp would you choose?

Which 45 would you buy? be cause I know I can't decide.  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which 45 would you choose?

• Para USA Expert 14.45
    • Springfield Loaded 1911 Parkerized
    • FNH FNX 45
    • Ruger SR1911
    • Sig Sauer 1911 Nitron rail

Everybody has to hate something - I'm guessing it's the Kimber owners hating on the Para's :icon_rolleyes:

Kimber vs? Para?  Talk about the handgun Special Olympics.  Throw Hi Point in there and we'd have the Dream Team.

To the OP, if you really want a double stack 1911 I would look at STI before Para Ordnance. 

Since your considering the FNX, why no the Glock 21?

I'm totally new to the community/hobby/sport/right of firearms. I am starting with target shooting. That being said I want something that I think looks nice. And I think the Glock is ugly to put it bluntly. I have no idea about its handling, recoil characteristics or sight picture. I will certainly give it a handle if not soon then at some point.

Now that is not to say I don't think they are reliable and well liked. There is plenty of stuff out there that I have read and listened to from people who proclaim their love of the Glock from the room tops like cliched lovers in a Rom- Com. ( there are the same for 1911s). But, like I said, I am new and want something I find attractive and will want to shoot.

I think it will be on the short list of a subsequent purchase.

I was finally able to get to a range and shoot. Got my hands on a Para 14.45 6 inch barrel. I had to go to Wisconsin to do it. ( out here with my GF to see her family and go to a wedding and no, no cow tipping haha)

Love the feel. Like the weight. Need to learn how to handle the damn thing. I think I'm breaking my wrist on the recoil and pushing the gun to tryto compensate and so I'm hitting low. Or at least that is the consensus of the old farts at the range. And I mean that in a nice way, plus that is how they described themselves. Now I need to find a place that has a FNH 45.

Still need that darn FID and handgun permit though. This wait is a killer.

Been trying to start a poll. I don't think I'm doing it right. but I'm wondering the exact question of the title. 

Which 45 acp would you choose? Because I don't know which to get anymore.

Sig Sauer 1911 Nitron Rail

Springfield Loaded 1911 Parkerized

Para USA Expert 14.45

FNH FNX 45 +/- tactical

Ruger SR1911

how big are you hands - s, M, L? This is not a trick question.

Just bought and shot the Ruger 1911 Commander. That gun is a winner. Shoots as well as the full sized version but balances better in the hand and is a little easier to conceal, especially sitting down. I got it for $700 and I like it better than my $1000+ 1911's. I think it has to do with the fact that a 4" barrel gun balances well in my hand. The same reason that after buying 8 Glocks, I only kept the Glock 19.

The Ruger 1911 CMD is one of the best values out there. A well made, rugged, reliable and accurate American made 1911 for $700 that gives you a great trigger with adjustable over travel, Low Mount Novak sights, large and positive manual safety, Double Diamond Walnut grips, large magazine release and more, make this gun a winner.  I posted a brief review elsewhere on this forum and a range report on my website.

I'll put my pride aside and say on the medium side. If I get fitted gloves I get a tight fitting 7 if you know glove sizes.

The FNX is a monster holding 15 rounds of 45 acp...It will be a challange to shoot this WELL with medium hands...Grip size and feel is an often overlooked and least talked about parameter when picking a pistol...You would do better with any of the single stack 1911s...With pistol shooting almost every part of the gun plays a part on how well it shoots for a specific individual...I have a sig 1911 and it is a good gun. But if you can afford a few $100 get a kimber (I have the Team Match 2 and it is an outstanding gun for the money; there are other less expensive kimbers too).

Went to a local gunshop the other day to get check on some prices and availability. While there to make matters worse on my decision making process was the introduction of the Kimber. I have yet to be talked into it but it really does seem compelling. 

So, is Kimber worth the extra cash I would spend? Salesman related it to driving a Benz to a Chevy (not naming what the "Chevy" brand would be). Is that accurate metaphor?

Went to a local gunshop the other day to get check on some prices and availability. While there to make matters worse on my decision making process was the introduction of the Kimber. I have yet to be talked into it but it really does seem compelling. 

So, is Kimber worth the extra cash I would spend? Salesman related it to driving a Benz to a Chevy (not naming what the "Chevy" brand would be). Is that accurate metaphor?

I wouldn;t take a Kimber for free.

Kimbers are nicely made and finished

People either love them or bash them.

Personally i wouldnt drop 1500$ on a Kimber for a 1911.

There a lot more Benz's 1911 than Kimber like Les Baer, Ed Brown......etc....