Sign in to follow this  
gfl216

Thinking about getting back into hunting

I have been thinking about getting back into hunting. I haven't had a hunting license in about 25 years. So my question is this, if I have my last purchased license and my card from the hunters education course I took back in the 80's, can I renew my license or do I have to take the class again?

Ok, so I will test the process with my licenses from 1976 and 1977. I have my CID so will be taking my old Bow license and shotgun licenses to Howell Gun Works. I wanted to be able to use the local WMA range, so we'll see what happens.

I may actually hunt again. Tired of bagging deer with my vehicles.

Yes. Thanks. I did that. They have no record of me in the DB beyond the fact that I just registered for my CID. In my case I need to go to a store that issues licenses with my old ones. I'm expecting they will be proof that I passed the hunter safety courses way back when.

I just don't want to give up my old license documents. The stamps on them are kinda cool. Was thinking of making some sort of framed thing for the wall. Maybe with my old Hoyt recurve.

Yes. Thanks. I did that. They have no record of me in the DB beyond the fact that I just registered for my CID. In my case I need to go to a store that issues licenses with my old ones. I'm expecting they will be proof that I passed the hunter safety courses way back when.

I just don't want to give up my old license documents. The stamps on them are kinda cool. Was thinking of making some sort of framed thing for the wall. Maybe with my old Hoyt recurve.

They don't keep your old license, they just use it as proof you were issued one at one time. Which means you took hunter Ed at some point in your life. If you can find your original Hunter Ed course completion card it's even better. But an old license will suffice. Once you have a CID number you can renew your license online instead of in a store.

Well, I found my original hunter safety course completion cards from 1976.  The certificate number on the cards from 1976 were accepted on the second try by the online system at the store and that was it.  A hyphen on the Bow certificate messed up the first attempt.  Person doing it hadn't ever used a document that old to issue a new hunting license.  Cool to know it works.

Well, I found my original hunter safety course completion cards from 1976. The certificate number on the cards from 1976 were accepted on the second try by the online system at the store and that was it. A hyphen on the Bow certificate messed up the first attempt. Person doing it hadn't ever used a document that old to issue a new hunting license. Cool to know it works.

Cool, keep that card you can also use it for a Florida Non resident CCW permit. They accept hunter ed completion for the firearm's training requirement.