Underdog

Student Randomly Shot Dead by Gang of Teens Just ‘For the Fun of It’, Police Say

Photos surface of teens who 'shot college baseball player dead as he was jogging because they were bored'

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/police_australian_player_killed_J8hM1jhw9Us1DltFFWCGQM

Aspiring rappers who were good kids.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I love reading on various comment sections things like

(paraphrasing)

"before everyone gets all wound up, let's remember these are kids and they don't understand the consequences of their actions"

bs, by 7 I knew the basic concept that killing was wrong and you go to jail for killing someone.

Typical liberal attitude. These were friggin teens. Like you said, most seven year old kids know killing for no reason is wrong. Life for them. Kids aren't friggin idiots, youthful ignorance is not an excuse here.

By my early teens I had a very good sense of right and wrong.  Not that I always made the right choices, but when I didn't I knew there were consequences for my actions and I thought out carefully the benefit and potential consequences of my actions.  And there were always consequences, especially by my parents.

I will be honest, I was far less concerned about the police or other authorities (as I had no real understanding of criminal records etc. back then) than I was of my parents because I understood and to an extent tried to emulate their values. I also knew what I could "get away with" and what was completely unacceptable. 

My kids know this now and for the most part you can see it in their actions and when they feel guilt about even small infractions.  Does this mean they are perfect and would never do anything wrong, absolutely not, but my job as a parent is to make sure they understand what is right and what is wrong, based on my perception of right and wrong and that there are consequences for their actions.  It also means that you can’t have the “my kid is an angel” mentality.  Kids are kids and their job is to push boundaries. Period.

This means monitoring their Uvo, Snap Chat, Vine (or whatever it is called) and understanding who their friends are and what their parents are like.  It really isn't that difficult but it takes some effort and you have to remember that you are not their friend or drinking buddy you are their parent.  And as parents we need to make difficult decisions some time. 

It  really isn't rocket science it is just simple basic parenting

This was just discussed on FOX O'Rielly...Big Bill creamed the Liberal-Powers. Powers was trying to blame it on a "Gun-Culture". O'Rielly bashed her and was very graphic with sarcasm saying "yea, the gun just walked up by itself and went off". O'Rielly correctly identified the issue as a "Culture of violence" with our young people. He talked about our drug culture, the absence of an authoritarian figure in the home (an example a "dad" in the house), the gang culture, and yes the rap culture, and the violent video games...To this I would add the godless culture.

For folks that don’t believe the value system of young American’s are a big part of the violence, and where this value system is coming from, you may want to think again. Young people are very impressionable, and when you fill the void of a missing authoritarian figure with the other crap outlined above, you may get some very disturbed young men. (This is much different than an adult with established decent values partaking in some/all of the above). Does this happen to every kid in these “circumstances”? Of course not, but en-mass, the impact is not positive.

The shooter should get the Roman punishment reserved for patricide:  the guilty party is sewn in a bag with a monkey, a dog, a snake, and a chicken.  Then, the bag is thrown into a river.  

That seems rather cruel and unnecessary................... to the monkey, dog, snake, and chicken.