checko

Gunman in Georgia school.

I sincerely apologize if this is mis-information but I just heard on Ron and Fez radio show that there is an active shooter in a Georgia elementary school. I know how they can be but it didn't sound like a joke. I can't find any info on the web.

Anyone else hear this?

I'm going to get flamed for my insensitivity, but do you realize that if this had happened on a large scale one week ago, Christie's veto decisions might have been different?

Selfishness aside, I'm glad to hear that everything turned out OK.

Don't think it would be that bad. There's not nearly enough "tragedy" for the media to latch in to

Don't think it would be that bad. There's not nearly enough "tragedy" for the media to latch in to

Brian Miller would spin it. He still might. I can just imagine the nj.com headline:

"'Right wing gun nut knocks down school with single shot from incendiary, armor piercing .50 caliber bullet, fired from rifle picked up legally at Walmart. Hundreds of babies almost killed. Vows to target chemical plant next"

Apparently the perp is known to the police and his actions were to get them to the school so that he could shoot them. My next door neighbor is a retired LEO and his daughter is visiting him this week. His daughter is an active duty LEO in the DeKalb County police force. She picked a good time to take a vacation.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

http://gma.yahoo.com/georgia-school-shooting-suspect-had-500-rounds-ammunition-160502772--abc-news-topstories.html

498 rounds and an "AK-47 assault rifle..." (we'll see about that.)

"...police believe the suspect obtained the weapon from an acquaintance, whom they are working to locate."  Anyone want to wager on whether it was stolen?

The real hero here is the school bookkeeper. Read how she talked him down (in the Yahoo link above.) She kept a really cool head and was able to disarm him with compassion. Most people (sadly, me included) would have just frozen or started shrieking.

I think I just invented a new buzzline for Ceasefire: "disarm them with compassion."

I wonder if anyone will rethink having teachers armed? What am I saying. Of course not

No because they would point to this story and try to make us feel bad for the shooter and say talking them down is best (already seen it happen). If only someone got past Adam Lanza's bullets to talk him down!

No because they would point to this story and try to make us feel bad for the shooter and say talking them down is best (already seen it happen). If only someone got past Adam Lanza's bullets to talk him down!

Yeah I know.

IMO the second a person enters an elementary school with a weapon and nefarious intent, he has signed his own death warrant.

In this case, a brave as fugg bookkeeper managed to reason with this dimwit. We can't always hope there will be a person that brave and a scumbag with a touch of humanity left. Lanza showed us that.

I'm not for killing a person on the drop of a hat, but especially now, the lives of those kids would far outweigh the ability of reasoning with a psychopath

Brian Miller would spin it. He still might. I can just imagine the nj.com headline:

"'Right wing gun nut knocks down school with single shot from incendiary, armor piercing .50 caliber bullet, fired from rifle picked up legally at Walmart. Hundreds of babies almost killed. Vows to target chemical plant next"

you sure you ain't working for a democrat?? Lol with a story that could they may try to pluck it off the Internet and use it next time a crisis happens